Twins 2023 Thread

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

That Julien…..No talent scrub….. mrgreen

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Yep he could fit in well with these guys.

Hows Miranda doing in St. Paul?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Hows Miranda doing in St. Paul?

Not well unfortunately. Not sure why but he is still pounding everything into the ground. I think he’ll turn it around but it’s definitely a big problem right now.

Brittman

Mahtfire14 … there are a couple of Mahtomedi HS grads (mid-20s) pitching in the MLB.

Sean pitches for SF, but seems to struggle and moves back and forth I suppose based on injuries to the regular pitching staff, etc… He did not appear to be on the roster this week.

Michael pitches for the Orioles and should be here end of June. He appears to have secured a spot as a reliever. His stats continue to improve year over year.

Both are really good “kids”.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yeah, I coached the JV team in the summers for 2 years while Sean was on the Varsity team. Didn’t know either of them personally but saw them pitch. Always fun to see kids make it. I know a few guys that I played against or with that are or were in the bigs. Always fun to see them.

JEREMY
    BP

Seen Duran threw the 3 fastest pitches in the league this year yesterday. Surprised after the first 2 Rocco didnt tell him he had to throw a curve so they could catch up to it.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Well I think we know where Royce Lewis is going to play when he’s off the IL. Correa is undoubtedly going on the IL with plantar fasciitis. If he indeed has this, it’s pretty rough and takes awhile to get rid of. I’ve had it and it’s not fun. So I fully expect to see Lewis holding down short until Correa comes back.

CaptainMusky

Surprised after the first 2 Rocco didnt tell him he had to throw a curve so they could catch up to it.

HIlarious!

Ripjiggen

Well I think we know where Royce Lewis is going to play when he’s off the IL. Correa is undoubtedly going on the IL with plantar fasciitis. If he indeed has this, it’s pretty rough and takes awhile to get rid of. I’ve had it and it’s not fun. So I fully expect to see Lewis holding down short until Correa comes back.

So much for replacing the whole training staff. whistling

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

No joke. I think it’s the team philosophy. If you have a hangnail, we’re putting you on the 10 day DL just to be sure. That being said, as I mentioned above, if he does have plantar fasciitis, it sucks.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

1 for 3 huh

Gordon had plenty of games going 1 for 3

I was going to bring up Pujols Jr. but I see Dutch beat me to it

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I expected Tampa to falter a bit but they just keep crushing people.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

1-3 with 2 walks a hr and 3 runs. He’s almost got more production than Gordon after what 10 games?

eyeguy507
    SE MN

meh…..once the book is out on him he will be your average scrub.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

that sucks, guess i missed that injury? I’ve had it in my left foot and got rid of it with arch support in my work boots. Now i got it in my right foot and it is painful AF but only in the morning. Once you start stretching your foot out, it mostly goes away. I hope its a short stint on the IL and he didn’t tear anything.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

that sucks, guess i missed that injury? I’ve had it in my left foot and got rid of it with arch support in my work boots. Now i got it in my right foot and it is painful AF but only in the morning. Once you start stretching your foot out, it mostly goes away. I hope its a short stint on the IL and he didn’t tear anything.

I believe he’s also got a strain of some sort in the same foot. So who knows.

Ripjiggen

meh…..once the book is out on him he will be your average scrub.

He already has more HR walks and 1 less RBI than Gordon.. rotflol
    Whether Julien turns into a scrub is irrelevant comparing him to Gordon.

maddogg

My neighbor had water in the ditch next to his house and was told he couldn’t clean up the brush around it. It was considered a wet land.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

We used to play in the local creek all the time as kids.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Correa back in the line up tonight against Toronto.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Correa back in the line up tonight against Toronto.

must have got some inserts and decided to suck it up! pretty sure Buxy would need a month off. maybe Carlos is trying to lead by example?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The skeptical me almost wonders if these umpires are embracing the coming robo umps. Across all of baseball, not just Twins games I’ve watched the umps calling strikes that are clearly outside the zone. It’s not even close. They are becoming a joke & embarrassment. They don’t account for the dismal twins hitters but they aren’t helping anything either.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I agree, they’ve been atrocious lately.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Now the Gordon debate is definitely over. I still can’t believe the turnaround Willy Castro has made.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Was never much of a debate was there? He was a 4th or 5th outfielder that could add some speed for a team that knows how to run. So, his speed adds little value to this team.

slough

The skeptical me almost wonders if these umpires are embracing the coming robo umps. Across all of baseball, not just Twins games I’ve watched the umps calling strikes that are clearly outside the zone. It’s not even close. They are becoming a joke & embarrassment. They don’t account for the dismal twins hitters but they aren’t helping anything either.

We’re expecting humans to be robots, and it’s obviously not realistic. 98 mph an inch or two off the plate is not ’embarrassing.’ I’m not totally against the robo-idea, but perhaps we should have robot pitchers that never miss their spot and robot fielders that never make an error too?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I get your point. However MLB umpires as a group have been better in the past than the group has been this year. They have clearly missed some calls by more than a inch. I’ve never been somebody to blame umps or officials for calls because like you say they are humans, but when it’s excessive I’ll say something.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Dutch is right. I am also not a fan of the robo ump but the strike zones have been consistently bad this year. And it’s not the bad that you can live with like the zone is bad but stays the same. Now the zone is bad and it changes throughout the game. And these pitches aren’t an inch or two off. I’ve seen around 10 pitches that were six inches off the plate called against the Twins this year. And it’s happening with other teams as well.

As for Gordon, yes, all he brings is speed, but I don’t know how you could call the Twins a team that knows how to run. The point I was making is Julien was never, and will never be said scrub.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Now the Gordon debate is definitely over. I still can’t believe the turnaround Willy Castro has made.

roll
    Nick Gordon had a nice year last season so its easy to $hit on him since he has started slow. that scrub has played well in what 20 pro games? only 100 games left to see if he keeps it up right? Castro was worthless earlier this year too I heard. none of the 3 mentioned are going to get their bust in Cooperstown but they will likely contribute at times

Viewing 30 posts - 691 through 720 (of 2,096 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.