Twins 2023 Thread

• Brad Dimond
    Participant

i cant see them getting rid of Gordon for this Julien scrub. Nick has earned a roster spot playing every position in the game. as for Lewis……wrap him up in bubble wrap and he can give Bux a day off at DH when his body can’t take the abuse.

Gordon fractured his right shin fouling off a pitch, he’ll be on the injured list for a while.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

i cant see them getting rid of Gordon for this Julien scrub. Nick has earned a roster spot playing every position in the game. as for Lewis……wrap him up in bubble wrap and he can give Bux a day off at DH when his body can’t take the abuse.

Huh? He fractured his leg and had 16 hits in 91 AB’s…Hell I could probably get 15.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Gordon is a utility player, Julien can fill in until Lewis gets here. Lewis is a former #1 pick and he will get his shot. There certainly is room on this team for a guy who can hit, play some defense & run a bit.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Huh? He fractured his leg and had 16 hits in 91 AB’s…Hell I could probably get 15.

Hit by pitch doesnt count as a hit Rip.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

He was actually hitting really well the last couple weeks.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

Huh? Never said anything about being hit by a pitch counting as a hit.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Huh? Never said anything about being hit by a pitch counting as a hit.
    I know you didnt but saying you would get 15 hits with a MLB pitcher is a preposterous statement.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

You don’t know that.
    Saying that a utility player that is batting .176 is not replaceable is preposterous.
    Even though he is being replaced because he fractured his leg.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Calling Julien a scrub is a bigger preposterous statement, especially when using it to defend Nick Gordon who is the literal definition of a scrub.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

You don’t know that.
    Saying that a utility player that is batting .176 is not replaceable is preposterous.

I’d put money on it would you? Not saying he’s not replaceable just that you wouldn’t get 15 hita with same number of at bats.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Calling Julien a scrub is a bigger preposterous statement, especially when using it to defend Nick Gordon who is the literal definition of a scrub.

Thank you that was my main point before captain took it upon himself to dive into a different conversation.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>
    You don’t know that.

I’d put money on it would you? Not saying he’s not replaceable just that you wouldn’t get 15 hita with same number of at bats.

I’d give it a shot if you want to find a major league pitcher and show up with 100$
    Good lord. coffee

CaptainMusky
    Participant

I know it was tongue in cheek but you are right Gordon has not been good. Besides to get 90 plus at bats would take more than one pitcher. If it were Rocco managing it would be like 10 pitchers at least lol.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Ugly starting line-up IMO.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

I will eat crow if Julien becomes anything but another journeyman infielder. it’s one thing to hit minor league pitchers, let’s see how he does against the best. I guess i didn’t catch the Gordon injury. you are correct they are both scrubs but Gordon is a better player at the moment I don’t care what his average is at.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

thought i was going to watch a no hitter when i turned the game on in the 4th but a nice response and clutch hits for once to even it up!

hopefully more clutch hitting and Jax can regain his filth. he really had a great year last season

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

So from the looks of it we have another below average baseball team this season ? Or is 4 games above 50 something to be proud of ?

CaptainMusky
    Participant

So from the looks of it we have another below average baseball team this season ? Or is 4 games above 50 something to be proud of ?

they’re leading the division. Man that griffin jax is terrible. He’s responsible for 6 losses.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

they’re leading the division.

That doesn’t make them above average. Just sayin.
    They have the 8th best record in AL out of 15. So as the common man says…

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Jax has been a big disappointment. He has a great year last year and I was really hoping he’d be darn near an all star reliever this season. But he’s been brutal.

I would bet my life savings that Julien will be a better player than Gordon. And by next season. Gordon has never hit, at any professional level. He has speed and that’s it. Julien has hit every where he’s been, and can play every infield position except SS. He’s got power (which Gordon doesn’t), hits for average and can spray the ball all around the field. He’s almost a better player now. He will start somewhere and be more than just a utility guy.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

Life savings????? Wow! it’s hypothetical so it won’t matter really. i was ready to write off Jax after his first year and then he was un hittable last year. a year later and the guy is getting drilled! that off speed frisbee he is throwing is not working this year so either he mix in more heat or he can figure it out in St. Paul. the guy alone has been responsible for at least 5 losses.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Obviously it was hypothetical, but I am confident Julien will be more than a utility player. Especially more confident than Gordon.

I think Jax’s issues are in thanks to the Twins stressing their relievers throw around 80% sliders/sweepers. Take Duran as an example. Every time he gets hit, it’s his slider. Instead of blowing his 103 mph heater past people, he speeds up their bats by throwing breaking balls allowing them to catch up. Same with Jax to a lesser extent. They throw them so much, hitters sit on them and wait for a hanger. It’s nice to see the Twins awful offensive philosophy starting to change, but they need it to change in the bullpen also.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Funny how all these new fangled stats eventually get disproved and the game reverts back to the way it’s been played for generations. The next thing to go will be this ridiculous catching position being pushed. These guys can’t block pitches, can’t get out of the crouch to throw out runners. I’m not even sure it works better for framing as they claim.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

I think pitch framing is the biggest crock in the game. Take Jeffers. He is considered “elite” at pitch framing yet if you watch him he actually COSTS pitchers strikes because he is constantly “framing” pitches that are close. Umps have long been consistent through the years of not giving pitchers calls when catchers are trying to steal them by moving their glove after catching the pitch. It’s no different now.

Brittman
    Participant

Automatic – electronic pitch calling is creeping its way towards MLB pretty quickly.

So do you go without a home plate ump. Or do you hook the home plate ump up with an electric stimulation. Shock one … shock

Brittman
    Participant

Twins still sit 3rd in overall pitcher rankings in MLB.

Long, long season to go.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

I think it would be best if Jeffers just not even attempt to throw out runners.
    doah
    Did they eliminate pitch outs in baseball? obviously he needs help so why not call one once in a while?
    I only watched 3 innings today but on cue I got to witness his elite 3 hopper to second base!

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

It would be best if the Twins gave up on Jeffers. I’ve been saying it for 3 years. The guy does nothing well.

As for the auto strike zone, I hope they go with the challenge system. Best of both worlds. We still get grumpy umps behind the plate and you can challenge pitches if needed.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Not a Twins comment. I just turned on the Mets vs Indians game on ESPN. The sound & picture aren’t in sync. Very hard for me to watch when the ball arrives in the catchers mitt before the sound.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Well this game is over. One of the worst hitting teams in baseball and Ober can’t find the zone…..

I am really starting to hate Dick Bremer. I’m not saying it’s his fault but after Ober walked wade he started cocking off about how he didn’t believe in superstitions and jinxes and proceeded to talk about how he doesn’t walk people and doesn’t give up HRs. Nice job dumbass.

Viewing 30 posts - 631 through 660 (of 2,096 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.