Tungsten Ice Jigs – Great deal

• fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

For those of you who fish the small tungsten ice jigs, I found a place that sells them at the lowest cost that I have found. Seems like in bait stores they normally cost anywhere from 2.50-3.00 each, and even online from 2.00-3.00. This place sells them for .98 each. I was a little worried about the quality at that pricepoint, so I placed a smaller order to see. I received the order yesterday and after looking them over they seem to be of great quality. Great detailed paint finish, non clogged hook eyes, nice sharp hook. Overall just great quality. They appear to be listed as a lure building components business. They also look to have great deals on other tungsten weights. If you order ice jigs and are need of a small box to hold them. They have a real nice ice jig / fly box for a great price as well. The name of the place is Drop Zone fishing. Here is a link to their web site:
    https://www.dropzonebaits.com/

deertracker
    Participant

I always forget what size I use. What size are you using for panfish and crappies?
    DT

AK Guy
    Participant

I just checked them out. Curious about the sizes. 3mm, 4mm, 5mm? What size did you get Fishthumper?

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Im trying to resist buying any new panfish jigs because I have so many.
    My current Achilles heel are tungsten flies but I probably still have enough for the whole season still.(super secret, dont tell anybody, shhhhhhh)
    And as long as the good ole Gill Pills still work…….

JoeMX1825
    Participant
    MN

You guys posting these online deals are going to get me divorced…that being said, order placed )

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

I mostly fish the 4MM size. although I also have a assortment in both 3MM and 5 MM. There are days when fish seem to want as small of a jig as possible. That’s when I switch to the 3MM size. The problem is they are so small they are hard to work with ( Tying them on, baiting them, and removing the hook ) Sometimes crappies prefer a bigger bait. That’s when the 5MM come into play. I also use the 5MM when fishing deeper water so that I can get the jig back down faster when the bite is really hot. Overall I’d say I fish the 4MM size about 80% of the time.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

Just a FYI – Something like their Gill Getter and Y Zebra colors have been the hot colors for me the last few years

deertracker
    Participant

I like that Y-Zebra. Only 3mm left though. chased Order placed.
    DT

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Damn you guys. But thank you. Order placed

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

Bear you are like a moth to the flame……now I got to see how many tungsten jigs I actually have left doah

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Bear you are like a moth to the flame……now I got to see how many tungsten jigs I actually have left doah

I’m going to quit Visiting this site soon, just to save money lol. But in all seriousness alot of my x Mas shopping got done for my old and couple buddies. Ordered 45 jigs and a jig box and it was less then 60 shipped. Hard to beat that. Thats 2 years worth of jigs or more

broeker
    Participant
    Minneapolis, MN

Man, I resisted the urge to replenish my tungsten jigs at $1.50 a pop at the St. Paul Ice Show and regretted it once I stopped by Dick’s and was reminded that these can be $3 or more. Now I’ve got a box of 40 on the way but I do have one question:

Where is the 50% off code? )

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Where is the 50% off code? )

I was wondering the same lol

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

I bought a few. Thanks for the tip.
    That gill getter was too enticing.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Received a shipping update and tracking number this morning

deertracker
    Participant

I got a text notification at 0344 this morning that my order shipped. doah
    DT

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Mine was the same time. But I was already awake. Had to lie to the woman and say it was another woman texting me, couldn’t let her know it was fishing gear lol.

Brittman
    Participant

Fishthumper – Thank you.

MX1825
    Participant

Mine was the same time. But I was already awake. Had to lie to the woman and say it was another woman texting me, couldn’t let her know it was fishing gear lol.

Did she make sure you didn’t leave for the other gal?? devil

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

Received a shipping update and tracking number this morning

Ya I got several messages from them really early in the AM. The guy must work a 3rd shift job or something and does this business after his regular job

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Did she make sure you didn’t leave for the other gal?? devil
    [/quote]

I broke the news to her today that I was not being pressed by another woman but I was by fishing gear. She told me that gear better catch her fish when she comes out

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

I bought a few. Thanks for the tip.
    That gill getter was too enticing.

There was a slight problem with my order but instead of correct it they cancelled it and asked me to start over. I’ve lost interest now. No gill getters for me.

michael keehr
    Participant

I hope all goes well with my order got a tracking number today partnered with 3 others and got past the free shipping threshold hope they are as advertised.

canoebasser
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

Got my order in the mail today! Thanks fishthumper!

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

What did you think of the overall quality of them?

canoebasser
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>canoebasser wrote:</div>

What did you think of the overall quality of them?

For .98 cents, can’t complain about quality haha. They look good honestly! I’ve used kenders, widow makers, clam, fiskas, and many others. The hook is the biggest test but I’m not worried about these .98 cent ones.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

For .98 cents, can’t complain about quality haha. They look good honestly! I’ve used kenders, widow makers, clam, fiskas, and many others. The hook is the biggest test but I’m not worried about these .98 cent ones.

Kenders has been my go to for several year. They have just got so expensive. To be honest, I believe lots of these venders all get their product from the same manufacture.

You are correct on the Hooks. They are the huge ?. That being said, I tend to break off hooks fairly often from all the venders. They are just so thin Diam. in that 4MM size. Even worse in the 3mm. at .98 each its not as painful when they break.

broeker
    Participant
    Minneapolis, MN

Quick review:

My order came today and out of 30 4mm, 12 3mm, and 12 5mm jigs I only had to ream out a small handful of the 3/4mm, and strangely the ones I could not get line through were all white ones so maybe that paint was thicker or the guy on the “white” line was lazy )

This compares to a 5-pack of Clam Dave Genz-branded tungsten jigs where 4 of 5 eye holes were completely painted over (shame on Clam at almost $3 a pop), so having to open up only 4-5 out of 54 jigs is not too shabby!

The little jig box is sweet also, very happy, thanks again to fishthumper for sharing the find.

Coletrain27
    Participant

anyone have any pics of these for size comparison?

broeker
    Participant
    Minneapolis, MN

anyone have any pics of these for size comparison?

5mm – 4mm – 3mm

I went with 30 for the 4mm and 12 each of the 3/5mm — the 3mm are TINY especially comparted to the 5.

Attachments:
    1. PXL_20221212_213848849-scaled.jpg

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.