Tuffy 1760 kicker question…

• iceman35
    Participant
    upstate New York

Kicker motor for Tuffy 1760… Long shaft or not?? looking to add a Kicker for part time trolling duty. Motor would also be used for small boat use… looking for used and cheap. could I pull it off with a regular length motor?? Thanks for the input.

castle-rock-clown
    Participant

Is it going on a kicker jack plate? Some are adjustable for height. Also since it’s off to the side I bet a 20″ long shaft would work. There are guys on walleyefirst.com that are big into tournament rigged Tuffys.

castle-rock-clown
    Participant

Iceman, did you ever install that kicker? I bought a 9.9 four stroke Coleman from Mills Fleet/Farm for $900.00 on sale. It’s a 20″ shaft, and I mounted it right to the transom, perfect length. I tightened the steering friction and deploy it and adjust to keep the boat tracking straight. I then deploy the Terrova and set the power to 2 or 3 and do all my steering and navigation with it, works great.

iceman35
    Participant
    upstate New York

nothing done whatsoever… USPS pay cut(near 30%) has put a real damper on all fishing… boat is currently for sale… thanks for the info, I saw that coleman… nice deal… Info noted… Also got the terrova noted… want one bad…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.