Buying a Tuffy

• Willy Wonka
    Forest Lake, Mn.

Where around the Twin Cities can a person see and possibly test ride a Tuffy Boat? Thanks for any help!

WS

KirtH
    Lakeville

Check with Grandpa Joes marine in Harris, MN what are you looking at getting?

Willy Wonka
    Forest Lake, Mn.

I am wide open. I want something capable of bigger water. I love the Rangers but hell, I cut trees for a living.Hahaha

I have never gotten a good look at the Tuffy line just heard about them.

Thanks for the tip. I never heard of Grandpa Joes.

WS

Willy Wonka
    Forest Lake, Mn.

Thanks. The one on Fallbrook is long gone. I will try and catch up to Grand Pa Joes.

Anyone around the metro own a Tuffy? Any tips or hints when looking at them

WS

Keith Fischer

I had a Tuffy, great boat, If I were in the market I’d be
    looking at one. Gets pretty tough to justify a Ranger.

KirtH
    Lakeville

I have an 1890

iceman35
    upstate New York

1760 here… G series, single console. 150 optimax.
    great fishing boat. Tuffy lets you set up the boat the way you want it. consoles, rear deck, tiller, etc.
    I’m the president of the New York State Tuffy owners group!! any questions, ask here!!

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Grandpa Joe’s is in Harris Mn. Thats just North of North Branch on I-35 South of Hinckley.

Willy Wonka
    Forest Lake, Mn.

I talked to the guy at Grandpa Joes. He was a very nice guy. Unfortunately not much into Tuffy. He said if I knew what I wanted and what options I am looking for he can order it. Like I said he was very nice but I am still unsure which boat would fill my needs. I for sure want to ride in one before buying.

WS

iceman35
    upstate New York

well, bud, you need to let us decide for you!! tell us the type and style of fishing your looking to do, waters in tended to fish, and style of boat (tiller, single console, double, big windshields etc.
    If it wasn’t for the tourney thing, (which may end this year by the way…) I’d get a Tuffy tiller. 1890 G series, X 190 big roomy boat. That nice X 170T looks to get alot of fishing done too, on a budget…
    we need more info…

Willy Wonka
    Forest Lake, Mn.

We primarily fish muskies. For the most part I always fish with the same people, my Wife, her Sister and myself.

Currently we have a 17.5 foot, Alumacraft Navigator, with a 115 Yamaha 4 stroke. It sits fairly low in the water so it is nice when casting or doing 8’s.

We fish on mostly smaller to mid-size lakes. However much of this is because the Navigator bobs around too much for the women when we fish lakes like Mille Lacs.

One of the reasons we are contemplating a glass boat is because we want to safely take on bigger waters, including Lake of the Woods.

I want a boat that sits low in the water for casting. I don’t mind the single console of the Navigator as it gives us all the more room to walk around. I would imagine there may be some thoughts concerning this if on big water, especially in the fall. Maybe a double console would be nice. I never got into tillers.

I would like to have a motor in the 150 range. The Yamaha 4 stroke has been fantastic!

In an ideal world we would like to keep the price at or under $40,000.

Thanks for any help in picking the right one!
    WS

KirtH
    Lakeville

Bambino call me 612 366 7076 Kirt

iceman35
    upstate New York

Check out 1890 G series. should go pretty good with the new MERC 150 4 banger. Price should be well under your limit. 200 HP be real nice too…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.