Tuesday Morning Deep Thoughts

• B-man
    Participant

I don’t go to McDonald’s very often, but they had me scratching my head on Saturday.

The new ALL plastic cups and lids are supposedly recyclable, yet the only place to put them was right in the trash.

Not a recycling bin in the entire place. But somehow they’re saving the world, one straw at a time.

This concludes Tuesday morning Deep Thoughts

Attachments:
    1. PXL_20230204_190023455-scaled.jpg

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

Did you ask an employee? Maybe they forgot to put out the recycle bins or put out the wrong ones?

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

This concludes Tuesday morning Deep Thoughts

LOL, how profound.

This sounds like it has potential to be a weekly thread. Tuesday morning Deep Thoughts, with your host B-man.

Reminds me of Dutchboy’s weekly thread, Friday Night Topics. Which, come to think of it, hasn’t happened in a while now…

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

I still haven’t forgiven them for changing their fry oil back in 92.

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

I ate there yesterday for lunch because no better ideas, which is why we all end up there if were telling the truth. I am starting to feel that the only good thing they make is the sausage egg mcmuffin. If I can avoid it I don’t plan on eating another meal from there with the exception of breakfast.

B man you should have went full Todd/Karen on them for not allowing you to save the world one cup at a time!! flame

Dan
    Participant
    Southeast MN

I still haven’t forgiven them for changing their fry oil back in 92.

Haha get those feelings out! I’m guessing that was better oil?

mark-bruzek
    Participant
    Two Harbors, MN

Feel good feelings is all people care about.
    Most are not capable of critical thinking, this is a perfect example.

If people actually knew the truth about recycling…
    Old source but a perfect example.
    https://www.5gyres.org/truth-about-recycling

Reef W
    Participant

Weren’t the cups and lids already plastic? They have been for quite awhile at the ones I go to occasionally.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Last time I was in wac Arnold’s the cups were paper wax or something I thought ? But isn’t the straw plastic as well ? So what’s the difference in plastic lid or plastic straw.

3Rivers
    Participant

100% the people who drink their Starbucks through the same lid will complain about no straws for their soda.

Coletrain27
    Participant

100% the people who drink their Starbucks through the same lid will complain about no straws for their soda.

the sign says straws available upon request so what is there to complain about

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

I haven’t eaten Mc Donald’s in probably 15 years. The straws, lids, and cups would be the least of my worries if I tried to eat that crap today.

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

Did you ask an employee?

rotflol Thanks Sharon. I needed a laugh.

Last time I was in one you couldn’t find an employee to even take your order. When I finally found one they said I need to use their app or pointed to a screen. I tried to tell them my order and they pointed to the scree again. McD is the only fast food option by my work. For less $ there is a mom and pop restaurant that is way better food. I call in my order and pick it up. Less work, less hassle, better food, better price, quicker, and comes with a straw.

tswoboda
    Participant

I haven’t eaten Mc Donald’s in probably 15 years. The straws, lids, and cups would be the least of my worries if I tried to eat that crap today.

X2 – that sh!t is poison.

Dan
    Participant
    Southeast MN

I know you’ve got some young ones Bucky, good on you for never venturing down the Happy Meal road yet. Because once you do venture down that road there is no turning back jester

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Haha I had a similar moment when we got McD’s at the office last week. They advertise this great new cup technology saving the world via straws….and then sent 3 straws with our order for the 3 drinks thru the drive-thru.

Reef W
    Participant

Last time I was in one you couldn’t find an employee to even take your order. When I finally found one they said I need to use their app or pointed to a screen. I tried to tell them my order and they pointed to the scree again.

I actually like the screens. They are very fast, especially if you customize at all, and can see what your selections are vs telling an employee who may or may not enter it correctly.

mxskeeter
    Participant
    SW Wisconsin

All I know is McDonald’s Coke is the best you can get at a fast food joint. JMO

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>

X2 – that sh!t is poison.

By Sh!t are you talking about the food? or the actual Sh!t after eating the food?

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

I ate at Mc’d’s yesterday for the 1st time in a long time. I’m sitting here right now drinking the watered down Coke in the exact cup you are talking about. For some reason I was craving a BIG Mac ( Not near as good as they use to be ) this should fill my craving for a rather long time again.

jake47
    Participant
    WI

I ate at Mc’d’s yesterday for the 1st time in a long time. I’m sitting here right now drinking the watered down Coke in the exact cup you are talking about. For some reason I was craving a BIG Mac ( Not near as good as they use to be ) this should fill my craving for a rather long time again.

I haven’t had a Big Mac in at least 6 years since I switched jobs – old office was right across the parking lot from a McD’s.

However, every now and then I want one. A few months ago, my wife stumbled across a big mac in a bowl recipe. Essentially, a big mac salad with ground beef, pickles, tomatoes, cheese and 1000 Island Dressing. Is it an extremely healthy salad, no. But it has to be better than the real deal…this is making me hungry and I saw she has them on the dinner list for later in the week!!!

joe-winter
    Participant
    St. Peter, MN

I think the larges were the only plastic cups before…

I like the new sippy cups and I love me some MCDonalds!!

I even agree with Reef…… the screens and app are easy and fast.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Agreed on the Big Mac, it sucks now. But are you drinking yesterday’s coke today? And how are you still in college? rotflol rotflol rotflol

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

Agreed on the Big Mac, it sucks now. But are you drinking yesterday’s coke today? And how are you still in college?

Ya, I often fill up the Monster size when I leave and bring it back to work with me. I often fail to finish it prior to leaving for the day. I just finish it off the next morning when I get to work. Yep, I know that’s gross

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Yep, I know that’s gross

Haha just razzing ya. I did that once in college with an Erb’s and Gerbs cup (couple of us worked there), and it was a cup my buddy had used as a spitter. Never again!

trophy19
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

Might run through the drive thru line for a “senior coffee”, usually ask for 2 cups as it’s darn near impossible to drive and drink through the lid without spilling or burning something.

Saving the world two cups at a time.

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

Your not the only one. I had a coworker that swore to that and said it was there filtration system. She was kinda weird though.

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

Rodwork wrote:
    Last time I was in one you couldn’t find an employee to even take your order. When I finally found one they said I need to use their app or pointed to a screen. I tried to tell them my order and they pointed to the scree again.

I actually like the screens. They are very fast, especially if you customize at all, and can see what your selections are vs telling an employee who may or may not enter it correctly.

That makes sense. I don’t eat fast food much and it was something new to me. I am sure if I ordered off it more than once it would be easy.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mxskeeter wrote:</div>

Your not the only one. I had a coworker that swore to that and said it was there filtration system. She was kinda weird though.

McD’s not only has a great filtration system, but they brix their sodas at least once a week. Once a month the distributor (use to) come in to brix them.
    Brixing ensures the correct water to syrup ratio.

And for the record, I have never had a Big Mac.

Mr. Pike 81
    Participant
    NW Iowa

I haven’t eaten in McDs since having a big mac attack in Tucumcari NM in 1978. Thought I was going to die.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.