TUCR Bullwhip: medium vs light

• KwickStick
    Participant
    At the intersection of Pools 6 & 7

I’ve been thinking about adding a Bullwhip and according to the Scheel’s website they are offered in a “medium” and a “light” action. I didn’t realize they offer a choice of medium and light actions. Can anyone tell me how they differ? I’m mostly into panfish.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’ve been thinking about adding a Bullwhip and according to the Scheel’s website they are offered in a “medium” and a “light” action. I didn’t realize they offer a choice of medium and light actions. Can anyone tell me how they differ? I’m mostly into panfish.

If TUCR is now offering the Bullwhip in two different actions that’s news to me.

vinella
    Participant

According to the TUCR website, there’s only one action for that rod

Craig Sery
    Participant
    Bloomington, MN

Could it be noodle and bullwhip and whoever wrote the description doesn’t know?

vinella
    Participant

Maybe Dan Baker can clarify

curleytail
    Participant

Could it be noodle and bullwhip and whoever wrote the description doesn’t know?

That’s what I was going to guess also, but just guessing.

KwickStick
    Participant

It looks like a mistake by Scheel’s for which I’m grateful because just when I felt I narrowed my choice down to a Bullwhip I was facing yet another choice!

Bass Thumb
    Participant
    Royalton, MN

I love Scheels, but their website stinks. Disregard.

The medium power version of the Bullwhip is basically the Quicktip. Their actions are very similar.

KwickStick
    Participant

I took a spin up there this morning and confirmed things. What nice rods! yay

KwickStick
    Participant

Forgot to add I had a couple green tips bouncing in the front seat on the way home. Bring on the late season bite!

Dan Baker
    Participant

The Bullwhip is only one action. The tip is an Extra-Fast action ultra-light power. The backbone is medium powered.
    Dan

KwickStick
    Participant

Thanks, Dan. Someone from TUCR should probably alert Scheel’s. They have the BW listed with a choice of two actions.

gonehunting
    Participant

The Fargo Scheels has their TUCR rods 30% off today. Picked up another TUCR Bullwhip for $83.00

tucrs
    Participant
    NW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>KwickStick wrote:</div>

If TUCR is now offering the Bullwhip in two different actions that’s news to me.

Yeah me too. Last time I checked only one ) I did check out Scheel’s sight it does make it confusing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.