TUCR Bullwhip

• Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

This may be old news… but I see Scheels has Bullwhips for $30 off right now. Free Shipping as well. Not sure on others as I didn’t check – I have three new ones unused already so I don’t want to be teased even a little )

KwickStick
    At the intersection of Pools 6 & 7

Never fails. I buy one at full price and the next week they are on sale. bawling

Coletrain27

Never fails. I buy one at full price and the next week they are on sale. bawling

Take your receipt to the store and they will give you store credit for the price difference. I’ve done it many times waytogo

KwickStick
    At the intersection of Pools 6 & 7

That’s good to know. Thanks!

Brady Valberg

I got one I’d pry part with but don’t want to ship it local pickup in Watertown sd

vinella

This may be old news… but I see Scheels has Bullwhips for $30 off right now. Free Shipping as well. Not sure on others as I didn’t check – I have three new ones unused already so I don’t want to be teased even a little )

Not a big difference, but I’m seeing $25 off online. Is it $30 off in store?

JoeMX1825
    MN

TUCR shop in Coon Rapids has the same deal going on for those interested, picked one up last week…

tucrs
    NW Metro

TUCR shop in Coon Rapids has the same deal going on for those interested, picked one up last week…

And we just go another 15 bullwhips done last night.

John

Dave in Mpls
    Wayzata, MN

Just ordered one last night – a 30″ with straight EVA (would have preferred straight cork, but oh well!). Should go nicely with my 32″ Precision and Fusion.

DT

I ordered a 36″ Bullwhip with cork for outside the shack fishing and it is a beautiful well constructed rod. Sadly our ice season here in lower West Michigan was non existent!!!!!!!!!!!! flame

JoeMX1825
    MN

question – is there a learning curve to fishing with a BullWhip? I had mine out last weekend for the first time and I was missing alot of bites with it. Are you supposed to let the fish bite and fully load the tip before setting the hook?

I do like the backbone the rod has once you have them hooked up though…

Sylvanboat

I am not trying to criticize the BW but if you want sensitivity and lots of back bone, try a M weight rod with a spring bobber.

Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

question – is there a learning curve to fishing with a BullWhip? I had mine out last weekend for the first time and I was missing alot of bites with it. Are you supposed to let the fish bite and fully load the tip before setting the hook?

If you are missing a lot of fish try lightly pulling up on the rod and if it continues to load set the hook. Those fish you are missing are probably just grabbing the spikes/plastic and no hook or biting the head of the jig. The BW is by far my favorite all around panfish rod.

Dan Baker

Yes, it is a different kind of hookset. When you see the bite, lift the whole rod straight up, parallel with the ice. Don’t do a quick wrist set like you would when walleye fishing. It will pull the bait free. Just lift the whole rod up on the same plane you were jigging on. It takes a second to figure out, but once you do, it’s like riding a bike.
    Dan

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

Yes, it is a different kind of hookset. When you see the bite, lift the whole rod straight up, parallel with the ice. Don’t do a quick wrist set like you would when walleye fishing. It will pull the bait free. Just lift the whole rod up on the same plane you were jigging on. It takes a second to figure out, but once you do, it’s like riding a bike.
    Dan

Thanks, I was trying to quickly set the hook. I started to get a hang of it later on in the day. I’m so used to a typical icerod that it felt so strange using the bullwhip.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

If you are missing a lot of fish try lightly pulling up on the rod and if it continues to load set the hook. Those fish you are missing are probably just grabbing the spikes/plastic and no hook or biting the head of the jig. The BW is by far my favorite all around panfish rod.

appreciate the response, you guys were right on!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.