Spring crappie

• fluff47
    NE Nebraska

Made our annual run down to Truman to warm the boat up for another season. We normally fish the lake for crappie while we’re there, can be pretty hit and miss depending on the weather, but we found something new this time. Checked with “The Station” bait shop below the dam and got a better report down there. We wound up fishing the river a couple days and ended up with a nice mess of keeper crappie and a few whites.

Something else to check on if you’re there anyway.

UncleGrump
    Dodge County MN

Its been several years since I was on Truman – had a buddy who lived in Warsaw – very handy. Found the folks at The Station to be friendly and helpful.

UG

fluff47
    NE Nebraska

I watch The Station’s reports now when we’re headed that way. Best and only one I’ve found for the tailwaters below the dam. Stoped there this year before we when out and were able to get the conditions on the river. It’s what they’re good at and I’m sure well check with them next year for our annual trip. Seems like the season never gets going soon enough up here in Nebraska and now we’ve found the tailwaters, if Truman’s laging behind we can always get some action down below the dam. Think I could lear to like Warsaw without much problem at all…..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.