TruFuel

• philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Number one biggest rip off I’ve ever seen, if you can’t mix gas you shouldn’t be using motorized equipment of any kind.

Right, $12-$20 a year for gas for my $500 auger that I use with my $500 flasher and my $500 fish house and my $500 worth of rods/reels and my $1000 worth of jigs and my $x worth of propane and my $300 ice suit and my $100s worth of bait and my $50 worth of new line and my $4k snowmobile and my $100s worth of gas for my vehicles is totally incomprehensible!

Why would I spend $20 when I could have spent $5-8 to mix my own, store the leaky gas can in my garage/fish house, only use half of it and then dump out the rest on my lawn next winter when I need to do it again?

Totally ridiculous! I’m such an idiot! I made a really cheap inexpensive hobby into a financial crisis!

In addition, my choice of using a convenient, time saving, space saving product has somehow proven to others that I do not possess the ability to pour two liquids into a can and shake it up! Woe is me, I shall turn in all motorized equipment I have back to the authorities.

revpilot
    Lake Erie

I just paid $4.99 for the bag of ore Ida fries instead of .99 for a 5lb bag of potatoes ….. Lmao. It’s all about convenience

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Boss Hawg wrote:</div>
    Number one biggest rip off I’ve ever seen, if you can’t mix gas you shouldn’t be using motorized equipment of any kind.

Right, $12-$20 a year for gas for my $500 auger that I use with my $500 flasher and my $500 fish house and my $500 worth of rods/reels and my $1000 worth of jigs and my $x worth of propane and my $300 ice suit and my $100s worth of bait and my $50 worth of new line and my $4k snowmobile and my $100s worth of gas for my vehicles is totally incomprehensible!

Why would I spend $20 when I could have spent $5-8 to mix my own, store the leaky gas can in my garage/fish house, only use half of it and then dump out the rest on my lawn next winter when I need to do it again?

Totally ridiculous! I’m such an idiot! I made a really cheap inexpensive hobby into a financial crisis!

In addition, my choice of using a convenient, time saving, space saving product has somehow proven to others that I do not possess the ability to pour two liquids into a can and shake it up! Woe is me, I shall turn in all motorized equipment I have back to the authorities.

x2 My thoughts exactly.
    Andy

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

If you use good synthetic oil like Amzoil and fresh premium gas instead of your old leftover lawnmower mixture will end your starting problems.

Just to note that “premium” gas is NOT necessarily ethanol-free / non-oxygenated. There are plenty of premium pumps that are pumping 10-15% ethanol blends just like the regular pump, it just has higher octane.

I’d rather use non-oxygenated rather than premium that contains ethanol if given the choice.

Grouse

tswoboda

“I just paid $25 a gallon for auger gas because it comes pre-mixed in a can.”

Say that out loud once… maybe tell a friend, neighbor, or relative. When they start laughing, hopefully the light bulb will go off to how ridiculous this is. I’m pretty sure my dad would kick my a$$ if I told him that.

Another thought… what ever happened to normal gas cans. It seems like the only ones people have anymore are “leaky gas cans”.

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

Funny how everyone that I show it to, seem to switch over to it. Why some guys feel the need to belittle the choices of others is beyond me. If you don’t use the product, why criticize the ones who do?

I gladly pay the money in exchange for a high quality, consistent, convenient fuel. I’m far from rich, but $25 a year hardly breaks the bank. Maybe it does to you…

I really don’t care/need anyone’s approval. Go ahead and keep doing what you prefer and I’ll do the same.

Andy

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Funny how everyone that I show it to, seem to switch over to it.

Haha. I notice the same thing. I warn everyone that i’m paying nearly $30 a gallon too.
    I buy about 8 cans a season…I spent $1000 on fishing TACKLE last week…

Cost of fuel to me is equivilent to a Squirt of urine in a bucket.

holmsvc
    SE ND

If you use good synthetic oil like Amzoil and fresh premium gas instead of your old leftover lawnmower mixture will end your starting problems. I’ve always wondered if people that buy that stuff drive Saab’s and are named Buffy.?. Sorry, just had to stir the pot.

I ran fresh premium gas and amsoil. Auger still started poorly when it was cold. I agree that it should start and run well with premium gas, but it just doesn’t on cold days.

A couple days on Devils I had to unbolt the powerhead from the auger and put it on the floor of the truck and let it sit in there with the heat on high for 10 minutes just to get it to start. I don’t have time for that when I am already driving 2 hrs to get there. I was ready to get rid of the auger until I made the switch to the bottle fuel. To me the cost seems minimal. I know my augers going to start on cold mornings now and I don’t have to worry about missing part of the morning bite.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

“I just paid $25 a gallon for auger gas because it comes pre-mixed in a can.”

Say that out loud once… maybe tell a friend, neighbor, or relative. When they start laughing, hopefully the light bulb will go off to how ridiculous this is. I’m pretty sure my dad would kick my a$$ if I told him that.

“I just paid $6 for a 24 pack of coke because it comes pre-canned in 12 oz cans, when I could have bought 2 liter bottles for much cheaper at a per ounce rate”.

Time and convenience is money dude, if you don’t understand that then I don’t know what to tell you. It’s unlikely I use a full gallon of auger gas a year, and if I don’t then I have old gas that I have to dispose of. I have to take that gas to a disposal location should I want to do it properly, which *gasp* takes time and *gasp* more gas for my car to take me there. But you’re right, I don’t know why I’d want to have convenient containers of long lasting pre-mixed auger gas lying around.

An extra $12-18 a year adds up to about $500 over the next 40 years. That’s an absolute pittance.

Another thought… what ever happened to normal gas cans. It seems like the only ones people have anymore are “leaky gas cans”.

Uhhh, the EPA happened.
    https://lfb.org/how-government-wrecked-the-gas-can/

patrick_weber

Stihl Makes this fuel also! I buy it from my local dealer! I think its callled moto mix

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

I’ve used the Stihl brand as well. Works great.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Trufuel 40:1 is basically smokeless and it doesnt make my ice fishing coat smell. There, enough of a reason for me to buy a can…Love the stuff…RR

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.