truck bed liner advice

• Tim J
    Duluth, MN

recently bought a used f-150 that has a drop-in liner. Already experienced that anything will slide all over the bed. I’m getting a topper put on soon so that I can fit all the ice gear in the bed and lock it for the long hauls. However, I’m stumped on what to do about the liner. I’m not worried about my portable moving around much because it will fit in pretty snug. But I am worried about various accessories sliding all over like the auger, gas can, propane, heater, etc. Any good options out there? I’m not against just removing the drop-in and having it sprayed, but with ice about a week away not sure if there is time to get that done. Or is there a more economical way? Any reviews on good beg rugs? Thanks for the help.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Your liner has notches where you can slide in a 2 x 6 across the bed. This will keep the stuff from sliding around. Otherwise a sheet of plywood will also help, if you want to carpet over the plywood you can.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Ya look at the rubber mats, weather tech and Husky make them. you can find knock offs on ebay.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I love the non slip of a good LineX spray in for loading and unloading a boat, plus all the random abuse of yard waste and such…. but if you don’t need all the coverage on the sides, have a topper, and are just looking for something more non slip, I’ve seen some nice rubber mats do the trick, and they can go from truck to truck over time.

David Blais

I got the bed rug, my Topper was also headlined. Carpeted. It stauses very clean back there

realtreeap10
    Over there

I have line x on my truck and love it. Not sure how it would work with being this cold as it needs time to dry. Fleet farm I believe sells the rubber mats everyone is mentioning. That would be a quick fix for you this winter.

MNdrifter

I have had a Line-X sprayed in liner on my last 3 trucks. They are awesome. Absolutely no sliding around. I can’t remember when I got the other two done, but I know my last new truck I bought in March and they did it then. Not sure if they kept it inside or what they did. But it got done. Otherwise I’d look into a pull out type flat bead drawer if I was to put a topper on it. Line-X is spendy. I think If I remember correctly I paid around $600 for it.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Ya look at the rubber mats, weather tech and Husky make them. you can find knock offs on ebay.

x2. Nice thick rubber mat. Pick one up at Fleet Farm or Norther tool. Easy on the knees when you need to crawl around in there under a topper. Does a good job of keeping stuff from sliding around.

Get the heavy duty one. Weighs 40+ pounds easy.

-J

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

I got the bed rug, my Topper was also headlined. Carpeted. It stauses very clean back there

Totally agree. Unless you’re hauling dirt or firewood around in your truck the bedrug is totally the way to go. Stuff stays put. Need a nap? Lay down on the bedrug.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I use a Dee Zee rubber mat in my truck over the spray in liner. I used to use just the mat in my last unlined truck and that worked fine for me the whole time I had it. Always figured I could spray later if I dinged it up. The only reason my current truck is sprayed is because the dealer accidentally installed a hard liner and when they removed it the bed was all scratched so they sprayed it for free.

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Build a 8″ or 10″ high pull out drawer system and put carpet on top of it. That way nothing slides around and you can hide all kinds of things in the drawers. Make it so it fits tight to the length of the box of the truck, so even if someone broke into your topper there is no way they can get into the drawers. They would need to get the tailgate open. You can hide flashers, rods, guns, bows, tools, whatever else you don’t want anybody to see. Then if you need to haul dirt or leaves or whatever else, you just slide it out of the truck. put it back in when you are done.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.