Trolling Multiple Lures

• fishinfreaks
    Participant
    Rogers, MN

Okay, here’s a question…in MN, can I troll more than one crankbait on one line if only one lure has hooks? Say I have one crankbait without hooks up the line 18″ from the main crankbait. Would that be legal?

Reef W
    Participant

If it doesn’t have hooks it’s not a lure and should be fine. For example the regs say an umbrella rig is illegal unless only one lure has hooks and don’t see why this would be any different.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

If it doesn’t have hooks it’s not a lure and should be fine. For example the regs say an umbrella rig is illegal unless only one lure has hooks and don’t see why this would be any different.

I’ll say Reef is correct on this. Not sure why you would want to do it but my guess is that it would be legal

I use to fish a spoon with the hook removed and add a dropper line down to a single hook when ice fishing for white fish. I know there was a maximum length that the dropper line was allow to be. May be a totally different situation though.

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

x3

dirtywater
    Participant

Okay, here’s a question…in MN, can I troll more than one crankbait on one line if only one lure has hooks? Say I have one crankbait without hooks up the line 18″ from the main crankbait. Would that be legal?

Yeah, I’d compare that to a flasher/dodger type set up.

ThunderLund78
    Participant

Yup,
    I keep a hookless spoon rigged up on an old ice rod when tip-up fishing. If I’m alone, I’ll have my two tip-ups down and I’ll drill a hole a short distance from each tip-up and jig that spoon if action is slow. Flags will go up a short time after jigging… 60% of the time it works EVERY time! )

Brian G
    Participant
    Independence, MN

That’s an awesome idea, ThunderLund, thanks!

Ripjiggen
    Participant

May want to be careful with that one. Technically using more rods than allowed. I get it but guessing if a CO is out and about you may have to explain that one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.