1-2-09

• Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Went out to the diversion today with my buddy Jeremy to check it out, get a good look see. I hadn’t really fished this area for the last 4-5 years, and today I might have found out why.

You can see in the picture where we were fishing. I’m standing at the water’s edge, looking back west to the spillway. Where that pile of rocks is used to be a big hole that would hold fish. After all, this is just a big hole on the Platte river, as this is where the water is diverted back into the river from the canal system. Now, not only is the hole filled in, but the hole that used to be downstream of the rockpile is very minimal too, if it even exists. I’ll have to go back with my waders sometime to see how far I can wade out to fish the possible hole area. First cast into I got thumped pretty hard….too bad it was a channel cat’s tail whipping into my jig. Fun to reel in, nonetheless. Looks to me, though, like this place is just not as good as it used to be. There’s a lot of shallow water now, and it looked like I might have to wade out a while to even fish the possible hole. Looks like a real tricky deal. Used to be full of water, catch lots of fish….now, it’s just a very small hole that might hold a few fish, but not like it used to. Still good to get out in this 52 degrees we had here today.

djorg
    Participant
    Central City, NE

That is scary bad.

Good talking to you the other nite, Phone went dead; hope you got all of those tools sorted out. Tell the lady hello.

Jorg

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Likewise! I figured you were out in the hills where they don’t believe in cell towers. Plenty of places like that.

60 degrees out here today…I was planning on hitting this place again, but I just have too much going on. I really wanted to fish the inlet at Johnson too, just wish I had more time.

The tool chest is looking good too. Now if I could just get the garage cleaned up!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.