10-14-06 crappie report

• Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I’m thinking Greg meant the 14th as well, as we were both out there Saturday in the canal. My group and I didn’t get started until about the time Greg was ready to leave, but it turns out he DID leave a couple fish for us! I had my Dad with me, and my best friend Cory and his wife Janetta. Jet is a novice fisherwoman, and Cory doesn’t get out much more than her, but they were quick learners. We only fished from about 2:30p til 6:30, but I managed to catch about 30 fish myself, and my Dad, Cory, and Janetta got about 4-6 fish each. Most all of them were crappies, with a few LMB, white bass, and sunfish mixed in. Cory had something thump him and rip his jig right off….woulda been nice to see that fish. We tossed jigs all day, and the hot color seemed to be chartreuse, but a few others were also working. Had some real nice fish around the 11-12″ range mixed in with all the smaller ones. As usual, all fish went back in the water. Wish I could have made it out today, as it looks like our last good day for a few days, but maybe I’ll hit it again Friday.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.