More canal fishing

• Brian Robinson
    central Neb

As member 4fishing posted earlier this week, flatheads like cranks too….especially Rapala DT series cranks. I sure wish this one was as big as his, as he only went 6 1/2 lbs, but sure was fun. He was part II of a double. The other rod had my nicest crappie of the year, which went just a bit over 14″. Action was a bit slow today with only the one flathead, about 5 crappies and one kittenfish to show for it, but it sure was nice out. Even got a bit chilly towards the end of the day today. This mild summer just keeps rolling along. The only part that scares me is I have a feeling that it’s going to get cold quick this year. Oh well…I’m ready for cooler water to bring hot action. Bring it on!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Had a buddy pull in a 44″ flathead saturday on a crank

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Very nice! I’m still waiting for the monster on a crank….hopefully it’s only a matter of time, but so far my biggest trolling is only 14 1/2 pounds. Fun….but not what I want.

huskerdb
    Kearney, Nebraska

Nice multi-species double!

sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

great pics. Nebraska, you never know what on the end of your line.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

So very true….especially in the canal.

jebb-hatch
    Kearney, Nebraska

Quote:

So very true….especially in the canal.

X2

We fished the canal last weekend. At the end of the day we had caught a flathead, a channel cat, several drum, several white bass, several smallmouth, and several perch. Nothing real big, but a great day on the water.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.