Summer heat still produces fish

• Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Even though there’s been some brutally hot days lately, there are still fish to be caught. Have been out the past week or so and have caught some saugers and walleyes. The first is one of the biggest I’ve had in the boat at 22 1/4″. The 2nd one was just short of MA status at 20 7/8″…so close! Lots of action with channel cats, crappies, white bass, and even a few flatheads. With irrigation in full force right now, the fish are definitely moving around filling their bellies.

4fishing
    Participant

Nice fish Brian!

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

Keep it up Brian. I need to get down there with you again. Maybe this time it won’t be 109 degrees out.

I’ve been trying to enjoy a few days off from fishing but it’s driving me crazy that I’m not out. I’m headed back to Sherman in a few days. Here’s to a great bite upon my return.

Maybe you should come up for a day?

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Thanks guys, it’s been a great summer so far.

Ben….a break from fishing??? Whaaaa???

It’s been nice out there; the highest the water has been for me has been about 82.5, which is a lot better than 86. That 109 can stay away forever, I’d be fine!

I’m not sure I could keep up with you, that’s for sure! Been a very busy summer for both of us. You bet, c’mon down…the canal awaits! And a trip to Sherm is definitely in the near future. I’ve got some weekdays off coming up. Let’s make it work!

jebb-hatch
    Participant
    Kearney, Nebraska

Looks like a great time. I haven’t fished the canal in over a month. We did well on sauger the last time we were out but nothing near that size. I need to make it back out there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.