more fall fishing

• Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Was just too nice yesterday to not get out and do some more fishing before it all freezes up. With a stable weather pattern for a few days, the crappies were on fire! My buddy Chad and his son Jacob came out for a few hours, and even though the pic may not show it, this was one of the nicer fish of the day, being a shade over 11″. My friends Ethan and Jake were also out, and I feel comfortable saying we caught nearly 300 fish on the day, including 2 LMB and a gill. Not a large number of keepers, but that was ok on a day like Saturday when it’s good to get out and listen to a little football and be busy catching fish. Best thing was, the fish didn’t seem to care if it was a marabou jig, plastic, tube….it all worked.

Great spending time with you and Jacob and the fam, Chad, before you head back to the northern country. Drive safe!!!

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

So has anyone else been getting out at all? Been pretty slow on the NE board for a few months. Surely not EVERYone is out trying to shove a stick or lead through a deer.

mb376
    Lincoln, Nebraska

Thanks for the updates Brian. Crappies and Kids are a good match. I would love to have more time to keep fishing but my oldest son is interested in the 4 legged creatures at this point. Maybe 300 crappies would change his mind. I don’t have time for both, so the boat is put away.

Some pics of his first buck. He is spoiled.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Wow…he’s already lookin like a superstar!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.