fall fishing

• Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Been pretty slow around here lately, and I include myself in that area too. I imagine most guys are out hunting, but there has still been some fishing going on. The last couple of weeks we’ve made it out to the canal and with two guys caught around 180 crappies a few weeks ago, and then this past weekend hauled in close to 250. I know I counted 131 and 140, respectively, and my buddy Jake wasn’t far behind. Have also heard of some decent walleye fishing in different areas too, so it’s not done yet. Anyone else getting out?

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

300 fish and not one pic?

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Sounds like 430 fish to me, even if they aren’t too big, ACTION is everything.
    Wow, nice going with the numbers,
    Pics would be fun of at least a few fish.
    Do they have any size to them?

Jack

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Fast action indeed.

It was all crappies too; over 400 crappies, and only one each LMB, drum, and sunfish. Some unlikely spots held numbers of crappies that I’ve never seen before, so I’m very curious to see if they will again. One spot had one small boat house with thin poles, very surprised that we caught over 80 there alone.

Not many fish were picture worthy; I’d say our biggest fish were 11″. Sure was nice getting out in the fall and getting some nonstop action in before the boat gets put away.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Sorry, I just now saw that I didn’t include in the first post what we were catching. I edited it to say they were crappies. Sure wish that was 180 walleyes, but no….crappies. Still a blast on an ultra light rod, makes for a fun day.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.