Transom boarding ladder missing (from the factory)

• Ron Rogers

I’m looking for some advice or guidance regarding a brand new WX2200 that was shipped to my local Skeeter dealer without the standard boarding ladder on the stern/starboard side of the boat. I’m not sure if it was overlooked by myself or the dealer or the factory, but when I went up see the boat a few weeks ago, that ladder was not installed. They did install some type of a fold down ladder that is mounted to the jack plate.

My concern is that I’m an older guy (73), and on the heavy side and usually boat/fishing 90% of the time by myself on Lake Ontario. If I was to fall overboard, I’m not sure I could use this very basic fold down ladder to re-board myself.

So my question(s) is:

1) can my delaer install an after market ladder that is more user-friendly and safe..please note that I have trim tabs installed on this boat and not sure if they come into play when the ladder is unfolded?
    2) Any suggestions for a different type of ladder that would meet my needs.

The boat is still at the dealers being rigged, so I have time to get this done, before picking it up in early Spring of 2022.

Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated

Thanks..

Ron

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I’m looking for some advice or guidance regarding a brand new WX2200 that was shipped to my local Skeeter dealer without the standard boarding ladder on the stern/starboard side of the boat.

If the boat being prepped, is different than what you thought you ordered, wouldn’t this be a discussion between you and your dealer?

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

I’ve looked at multiple 2200’s online, none have a starboard side boarding ladder (other than the pull-down engine mount one). Like mentioned above, this needs to be dealt with with your dealer.

HRG

added the option list image, did you order the exchange?

Attachments:
    1. WX2200-boarding-ladder-exchange.jpg

2. 0fb2637cd50450138c8c4da82b22bd15.jpg

Musky Ed

Boarding ladder is an option, unless things have changed. The fold down step on the setback plate is standard. Dealer can put on for you, if wanted.

Ron Rogers

Thanks for the info…I will contact the dealer and see if it can still be installed and it will not interfere with the trim tab, when its unfolded….

Ron

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

What you have is standard Ron. The optional ladder can indeed be installed after the fact and will NOT interfere with the trim tab.
    In retrospect, the swim ladder could have been ordered as a factory option….

Regardless, enjoy your new boat !

Ron Rogers

Thanks for the info…I will check in with my dealer when
    they re-open, next week.

Ron

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.