Trailer step options

• chris Witherow

I am looking for trailer step options for my Escape 165. I fish alone fairly often and frankly am tired of climbing. I have a Shoreland’r trailer with a swing tongue. Does anyone have steps on this type of trailer or have suggestions? I’ve included pictures of the tongue of my trailer.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_6131-1-scaled.jpg

2. IMG_6132-scaled.jpg

3. IMG_6131-scaled.jpg

klang

I was considering steps then came upon this product. http://drottoproducts.com/

I launch most of the time where there is a courteously dock. Back along side the dock where you can step off into boat. No climbing, I am almost 62, I fish by myself sometimes and love the drotto. Watch the video

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I looked into them last year. This is what I found:

Ezee steps
    Passcat
    Brian’s steps

I’m leaning towards Ezee steps. I’ll may buy some this year. A must when no dock is available. I have been bringing a 6-foot step ladder. A lot cheaper way to go.

Shane L Roberts

I just installed ez steps 3.0 on my eagle trailer yesterday. My boat is a 185 Competitior. They are very heavy duty steps and mounted on my swing tongue. The look 1st class and are no slip surface.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

I just installed ez steps 3.0 on my eagle trailer yesterday. My boat is a 185 Competitior. They are very heavy duty steps and mounted on my swing tongue. The look 1st class and are no slip surface.

I also have a Competitor 185 on an Eagle trailer – been thinking about adding steps. Could you share a few pictures? My trailer has a spare mounted near the front and a bracket for factory steps but I didn’t add their steps when I bought the boat and trailer. Would be great to see how those EZ 3.0 fit.

toddrun

I purchased a used boat with both the Drotto and Ezee Steps. Thought they were just a nice add-on, at first. After use, they are both very useful and have since added them to my fathers trailer. Highly recommend both products.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.