Trail Cam Solar Panel?

• fishinfreaks
    Participant
    Rogers, MN

I want to get some solar panels for my trail cams. Looks like I need a plug size 4×1.7mm. Anyone using/got recommendations or warnings for solar panels for trail cams?

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

Is this for a cellular trail cam?

If for a regular trail cam, I can’t imagine needing a solar panel. I’m getting over a year with eight AA batteries on both Bushnell and Browning trail cams.

For our winter feeders I just made my own solar panels by buying ones off of eBay and putting my own plug on the end. That was about half the price of buying the manufacturer branded solar panel.

by the way if you do have a solar panel out there you absolutely have to use some kind of flexible metal conduit to shield the wires that lead to the trail cam. If you don’t every squirrel and chipmunk in seven counties will be chewing on your wires until they’re stripped of all insulation. Then you’ll come up and find your trail cam has been dead for the last 3 months and taking no pictures. I burned up two batteries on my feeders because the squirrels chewed insulation bear and it shorted out to the frame and rec the batteries.

Grouse

fishinfreaks
    Participant
    Rogers, MN

Yes, this is for a cellular camera.

FG, this is not something I’m too familiar with. Do you have a couple minutes to help me find a link on ebay to the panel and plug?

Thank you in advance…if you have time.

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

Yes, this is for a cellular camera.

FG, this is not something I’m too familiar with. Do you have a couple minutes to help me find a link on ebay to the panel and plug?

Thank you in advance…if you have time.

Sure pm me

Grouse

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.