Tracker Boats

• Chance R.
    South Central S.D.

Are they really that bad that they don’t get a spot on the almighty IDO forums? Anyone with thoughts/reviews/info on these rigs?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

They don’t get a spot because there isn’t enough interest. They make a decent entry level boat. The biggest #1 issue is their dealers all under power them to hit a price point. First time buyers are just happy to be able to afford a new boat! Once that first time buyer realizes he bought a under powered boat the luster tends to come off. I wouldn’t shy away from Tracker, just go in with your eyes open and know what you are buying.

live2fishmillelacs
    Blaine, MN

The Tracker Pro Guide V-175 is a great aluminum boat. The price is really reasonable. they have the industries best warranty. all-welded hull is built using two layers of .100 marine-grade 5052 aluminum alloy. The double-plated hull is braced by a longitudinal stringer system that is also welded into position along the full length of the boat’s running surface and to the boat’s extruded aluminum, corner-braced, box-beam transom. The ruff water ride is amazing!
    I had mine for 3 years and loved it. If you have not tried a Tracker you should.
    I could go on and on.

ritz9876
    Maple Grove, MN

Picking up my second Tracker tomorrow. Had a Pro guide V-16 that was a good starter boat 7 years ago. Now moving into the V-175. For me the price point made the difference. I would have a lower model boat in another brand for what I am spending.

TripleA
    Blaine

my uncle bought a 30K$ tracker. the “stretched aluminum” hull smashed in due to hitting WAVES (probably pounding them but I wasn’t with) Tracker denied their lifetime hull warranty on a 1 year old boat. Insurance said it was a hull defect as he didn’t hit anything and even flew an inspector in from Texas to MN who confirmed. It took over 2 years of complaining and ridiculing causing loss of sales to the dealership based on facts until tracker actually gave him a BRAND NEW BOAT AND MOTOR on his old trailer to make it right. I am not going to waste time explaining anymore, take it or leave it but I will not buy a Tracker based on FAMILY experience. I have heard they have had hull smashing problems before but those are simply hear say.

Chance R.
    South Central S.D.

Thanks for the info guys. I ask because I’m lookin at a 05 pro guide v16 and from what I’ve read they don’t get the best reviews/opinions. What year was your rig and size motor ritz? The one I am lookin at has a 4 stroke 60 horse Merc, the boat itself looks in great shape. An older gentleman owns it and did not use it much (late 70’s early 80’s). What’s a ballpark price for this rig in your opinions? No real fish finder on it and a 50lb Minnkota trolling motor. Interior in great shape as well.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

I could probably damage any boat in rough water, but there seems to be an elevated amount of YouTube videos with Tracker Boats in them that come into tournaments damaged.

I also agree with the fact that they typically package them with underpowered motors. I am not saying you couldn’t get one maxed out, but it seems as though the type of buyers they attract don’t seem to care that they are under powered or don’t realize what they are really purchasing.

FDR

Chance R.
    South Central S.D.

I wonder how rough the waves were to do that kind of damage!? I better check out youtube lol

pudge
    hastings mn

2 footers on mille lacs did ours in and it only took 5 months to get them to warranty it and the lower price is not just the motor i don’t wanna put anybody’s boat down just sayin

FryDog62

I think Tracker made sub-par boats to hit a price point for Many years. About 7 years ago a new head of Tracker Marine came in and they have improved significantly. Are they where Lund is today – no but the gap has been narrowed. They now use better tools and processes including robotics and LEAN. Few people know they have won some industry CSI awards recently. But old reputations take forever to die and they need more than another 7 years to start gaining respect.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Find a Dealer that keeps their boats outside. Snoop around those boats. touch and feel the components, hatches, locks, etc. I did this while in Branson last year and noticed that there was surface rust already. These were new boats.

FDR

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

For YouTube videos about bad hulls please post how it is listed because I am coming up with nothing.

After checking for complaints searching on Google not that many when you think how many boats they sell.

I don’t care what it is ford Chevy widget gather there will always be some lemons.

ritz9876
    Maple Grove, MN

06 with a 90 horse two stroke. I have young kids and am a weekend fishermen so the price point is what attracts me. When I have more time, I’d upgrade. I’m not one to spend the same amount of money for a Lund that is 8-10 years older.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

For YouTube videos about bad hulls please post how it is listed because I am coming up with nothing.

After checking for complaints searching on Google not that many when you think how many boats they sell.

I don’t care what it is ford Chevy widget gather there will always be some lemons.

I did a quick search and did not come up with anything. I do remember seeing on WC though.

FDR

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

I love my Tracker. Every time I go out to it, I think, “I still love this boat.” It is the 2003 Silver Anniversary Edition PT185. 90 horse Mercury. Breakaway tongue.

Chris

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

my uncle bought a 30K$ tracker. the “stretched aluminum” hull smashed in due to hitting WAVES (probably pounding them but I wasn’t with) Tracker denied their lifetime hull warranty on a 1 year old boat. Insurance said it was a hull defect as he didn’t hit anything and even flew an inspector in from Texas to MN who confirmed. It took over 2 years of complaining and ridiculing causing loss of sales to the dealership based on facts until tracker actually gave him a BRAND NEW BOAT AND MOTOR on his old trailer to make it right. I am not going to waste time explaining anymore, take it or leave it but I will not buy a Tracker based on FAMILY experience. I have heard they have had hull smashing problems before but those are simply hear say.

Check out how many Lunds have been oil canned any boat can have issues Ranger has a issue with water blisters from sitting on the trailer and trying to get those warrantied is not easy either.

They all have there plus and minuses and there detractors. Many don`t careif it is under powered as long as the boat gets them on the water at something they can afford and have fun with.

mojogunter

I don’t know if tracker has fixed their past issues, but I know the 21′ tracker tundra had an issue of the top breaking from the bottom. I have never heard the blistering issues on a ranger, but comparing the two isn’t apples to oranges. More like a sunflower seed to a side of beef. Even if tracker have fixed their known issues, I would never consider buying one. To each their own, but there are other cost effective brands out there I would try. I’m sure if you don’t fish big water tracker will never give you an issue, but if you fish big water Beware.

robby
    Quad Cities

I had 2 Trackers. An old 1987 Tournament V-17 with a Merc 80hp. Was a wonderful first river ready rig. Later I had a 1999 Pro Team185 SE with a 75hp. It too was a great rig! Both were riveted hulls and neither leaked. I wouldn’t discount Tracker. I did however have a 1994 Nitro 190: DC and the hull and transome went soft. I eventually cracked the hull. That said I drove her hard (abused her). If I were to replace my Skeeter Id look at Tracker. Other brands also. H

Chance R.
    South Central S.D.

Thanks for all the great info guys. I am no tournament fisher and I don’t see it as a race out on the water either. I just like to get out and enjoy the therapy. Lol but I’ve been using a early 80’s alumacraft that’s not very deep/stable, even a tracker would be a big upgrade for me.

Jonesy

Tracker has had their issues. Most reports are that they have taken big steps to fix those issues in the last 5-7 years. Boating has a lot of hardcore brand loyalist. There are many who feel if it’s aluminum it better be a Lund and if it’s glass it better be a Ranger.

Not sure on what the price is of the boat you are looking at but if Tracker’s history scares you off I would look towards an Alumacraft or Crestliner. Both make solid boats and you don’t pay a premium on a used model like you would with a Lund

Cary VanAlstine

I just purchased a 2017 175 TXW. This is my first boat purchase, but due to the unpredictable southern Indiana weather, I haven’t had a chance to take it out yet. I have taken the time it hasn’t been out to do a few things I think it needed though. I have installed an hour meter, LED lights in the storage compartments, and have the trim gauge mounted, but not yet wired up. I am also going to install LED’s around the inside of the boat for night fishing. Being my first purchase, and not going into anything blind, I did a lot of research, and did get the HP ugrade, and didn’t expect to much from the TMBC at the Bass Pro shop. I will say I wasn’t impressed with their service during the buying process, and the contact I’ve had online about the gift card they told me I would get three times while filling out the paperwork on the initial visit, which they informed me otherwise when I was signing all the paperwork, and almost to the last page. I’ll follow up on what I think of the boat more once I get a chance to take it out and run it, which hopefully will be in a couple of days, unless they change the weather forecast.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Congrats on your purchase. I think you will love it. I have a 08 tracker 175. Bought in brand new and has been great except for the underpowered 50 hp 2 stroke mercury motor.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

That was my first new boat back in 2005. I thought it was a pretty good boat, no complaints.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

I’ve got two friends that recently purchased Tracker boats within the last two-three years and both love them…however, I know both use on smaller lakes.

The best sleeper boat (if money is an issue), IMO, is a Lowe.

carnivore
    Dubuque, Iowa

A 17 ft Tracker with a 70 Johnson was my first walleye boat early 80’s. It was a good value for the price I paid. I had it for 5 years with no problems. The guy that bought it from me used it for longer than that but did have to put a floor in it. I’ve had two Lunds, a Ranger and a Skeeter since then all much better quality and construction than the Tracker. Would I go back to a Tracker? No, but for the entry buyer for moderate use they can be a decent package.

B-man

The Tracker Pro Guide V-175 is a great aluminum boat. The price is really reasonable. they have the industries best warranty. all-welded hull is built using two layers of .100 marine-grade 5052 aluminum alloy. The double-plated hull is braced by a longitudinal stringer system that is also welded into position along the full length of the boat’s running surface and to the boat’s extruded aluminum, corner-braced, box-beam transom. The ruff water ride is amazing!
    I had mine for 3 years and loved it. If you have not tried a Tracker you should.
    I could go on and on.

A friend of mine cracked his hull hitting a wave on Lake Superior. It was a 2015 Pro-Guide 175.

Tracker refused to repair the boat. They claimed he hit something…..

I would NEVER buy a Tracker boat.

I’ve fished in his boat a few times. The rough water ride is far from “amazing.” More like wet…..

He ended up welding the crack himself, it stopped most of the leak, but not all.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Why wouldn’t he submit an insurance claim? That seems weird.

TripleA
    Blaine

As my uncle went through insurance will send someone out to find a reason to say it was a factory issue and the factory will claim you hit something. Then if your extremely persistent for a year or two and cost the said dealership enough sales you will get a new boat. Sad really. No need for a lifetime warranty if they will just claim you hit something.

B-man

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>targaman wrote:</div>

As my uncle went through insurance will send someone out to find a reason to say it was a factory issue and the factory will claim you hit something. Then if your extremely persistent for a year or two and cost the said dealership enough sales you will get a new boat. Sad really. No need for a lifetime warranty if they will just claim you hit something.

That’s exactly what happened. The insurance guy said to go back to the manufacturer, Tracker told him to pound sand.

He said screw it and welded it back together himself….and voided his useless “industry leading warranty.” (On a 2015 boat)

tim hurley

Just bought a G3-no G3 site either-don’t care! (ok I care a little)

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.