Towing with Dowco cover???

• Mike

I’m getting mixed signals. SHOULD I tow a 2021 Warrior with the Dowco cover on? Obviously I can, and some say it is preferred. Others say it will rub, causing marks on the finish.

The cover uses a ratchet on both sides along with a pull string near the rear of each side to provide top rib support. Dowco says they are designed for towing. Wondering your experiences and recommendations. Once the finish is marked it will remain marked. I’m trying to NOT mark it up and maintain it in the very best manner. Understanding that towing uncovered opens up other issues.

Thanks in advance.

Ripjiggen

Towing uncovered opens up what issues?
    I only tow with cover if it is raining or dusty roads. Those covers can leave some marks mostly can buff/wax them out. You will be the only one to recognize them.

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

My dowco cover puffs up like a balloon no matter how tight I get it. I just make sure everything is buttoned up good and leave the cover at home now, much easier and quicker at the landing.

mojogunter

I have a friend with what I believe is a dowco cover that came with his 208 warrior. The first year he had it, it tore the rear straps off the cover while trailering. He brought the cover in to Banner Canvas and she did a much better job of sewing them back on with extra backing top and bottom. He hasn’t had any issues since then, but the fit isn’t very good in my opinion. Hopefully they have improved the fit and how they tighten up for trailering.

grizzly
    nebraska

I only tow with cover on if running in bad weather. Other wise I put the flack jacket on the windshield and tow without cover. It does rub and make marks. You can buy some stuff to clean it up pretty easy

snelson223
    Austin MN

I got the dowco thinking I would tow with it on and I hardly ever have it on. It does leave little scratches if you do.

toddrun

On long trips I trailer with my Dowco cover on. Have no visible signs of marking on my boat, and no issues with the cover. I have a dual counsel with wind shield and I get 1-2 mpg better with the cover on than with it off.

Mike

Thanks for the suggestions/ discussion. I appreciate your willingness to share you experiences.

Waxy
    Calgary, AB

On long trips I trailer with my Dowco cover on. Have no visible signs of marking on my boat, and no issues with the cover. I have a dual counsel with wind shield and I get 1-2 mpg better with the cover on than with it off.

X2.

I have my Dowco cover on for anything more than a quick 1/2 mile, low speed, trip to the launch. I ALWAYS tow with it if I’m going any distance at all. I don’t have any rubbing or marks, and the tarp is still in excellent shape after 1000s of miles of towing in all kinds of weather.

Get it right, cinch it down tight, and it works beautifully.

Waxy

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.