RCL CHAMPIONSHIP 2002

• Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I would like to share a letter with everyone that I received from Sonny Reynolds this weekend.

Dear Steve

As the 1.4 Million Wal-Mart RCL Walleye Championship draws near, the excitement is building concerning this history making event scheduled for the Mississippi River at Red Wing, MN, October 2-5, 2002.

Our entries indicate that there are positions available for your organization and we wanted to bring this to your attention. Please let your fishermen know that they can still register to be eligible for this event by submitting a championship entry form. We are sure they will not want to miss the opportunity to participate in this Walleye Championship.

Any of the Pro-Anglers (team captains) positions not filled may be offered to other Ranger, Crestliner, or Lund owners who have competed in any of the qualifying events and registered those events with us by submitting a championship entry form. On September 1, 2002 we will fill open positions from these entries. At this time there are a limited number of Pro openings. Co-angler positions are still available and we encourage any of your anglers to submit an entry for a co-angler position at this time.

Sincerely,
    Sonny Reynolds
    Tournament Director
    Wal-Mart RCL Walleye Circuit

If anyone would like an application or has any questions feel free to give me a shout.

bri_bigeyes
    Farmington, Minnesota

Steve-
    I was originally under the impression that you had to qualify through a sanctioned event to be in the RCL Championship. Is that just for pro anglers? Do you just have to be a member of Walleye Searchers to join as an amatuer? I’ve been thinking strongly about joining your organization anyway and if I can get into the RCL Championship, I guess I can’t think of a better time to do it. Please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks!!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Yes you do have to fish a sanctioned event to be in the RCL Championship as a Pro, anyone can enter as a amateur. I will send you my phone #s in a private if you need more details.

bri_bigeyes
    Farmington, Minnesota

I just wanted to let everyone know that I talked to the RCL coordinator and he said that even to enter as a co-angler, you need to qualify by fishing one of their sanctioned tournaments. He was under the assumtion that everyone that is a member of Walleye Searchers was eligible because you put on a sanctioned tournament (Lake Pepin Open?). To see a list of the sanctioned tournament organizations go to the RCL homepage. There is still some events left this year if you want to get qualified by September 1, 2002 and there is still about 65 openings for co-anglers ($750 entry fee, 1st place is up to $150,00).

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

I looked at the RCL page and didn’t see where the qualifying events that are left are to be taking place or when. Can’t be too many left are there? Steve

bri_bigeyes
    Farmington, Minnesota

I know for sure that the World Walleye Association (WWA) and the Minnesota Tournament Trail (MTT) still have tournaments left in August on Leech Lake and Mille Lacs. Check out their respective home pages for exact dates. Other than that, the pickens’ are probably getting slim.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.