The Legislative “Agenda” Continues – This one …well ??

• Brittman
    Participant

roll

A DFL bill making its way through the Minnesota Legislature would replace the words “woman” and “mother” with the term “pregnant person” in some state statutes. The bill, HF 2095, amends existing statutes dealing with prenatal substance use. In doing so, it replaces the words “mother” and “woman” with “pregnant person.”

Some of the local press has already latched on and is using pregnant person.

ajw
    Participant

LOL. Who votes for these people? Honestly

The same people that told us to trust the science are blatantly ignoring it by pushing this silliness.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

I expect to be arrested someday. I can not and will not stoop to following this asinine thinking to become part of my life. It’s not only this….I read a article Thursday I think that said they are spending $256 million to make the largest solar field in the state. Now get this, the solar field is being put in whats called the most fertile ag land in the state. So we will sacrifice food for solar? Good Lord.

B-man
    Participant

….

Attachments:
    1. 1678577140444.jpg

Coletrain27
    Participant

so we are gonna walk around and call every women pregnant now? that will turn out well jester

Coletrain27
    Participant

I expect to be arrested someday. I can not and will not stoop to following this asinine thinking to become part of my life. It’s not only this….I read a article Thursday I think that said they are spending $256 million to make the largest solar field in the state. Now get this, the solar field is being put in whats called the most fertile ag land in the state. So we will sacrifice food for solar? Good Lord.

yep, just imagine with this is going to do to farm land prices over the next 10 years

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

waytogo this?

Attachments:
    1. 20230311_162230.jpg

wkw
    Participant

The “woke” (whatever that means) agenda is so full of hogwash and lack of common sense. I can only shake my head and say WTF.

wkw
    Participant

Can I still say “Mothereffers”?

Joe Jarl
    Participant
    SW Wright County

Sorry Glenn, apparently there’s no such thing as a man and a woman according to some (those in charge) of these elected fruitcakes.

Tlazer
    Participant

The same people want archeologists when they find any human remains from centuries ago to stop identifying bones as male or female because they don’t know how that person wanted to be identified. You can’t make this stuff up if you wanted too.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

yep, just imagine with this is going to do to farm land prices over the next 10 years

Let it soar!

The only thing I regret about our land purchases is not buying more

Coletrain27
    Participant

Let it soar!

and you were the one just whining about taxes….

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

This one….well??

The bill, SF 2791, would ban the sale of water contained in a sealed, molded plastic container holding less than 2 liters. coffee

-J.

TH
    Participant

Yeah, follow the science we were told. Science would tell us that only a female(woman) can get pregnant. They even want to take that from normal people. Your either him, her or it.

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Maybe more important is names of those who are pushing this and wasting time and our money on it.

icex
    Participant

Eminent domain, also called condemnation or expropriation, power of government to take private property for public use without the owner’s consent.

Don’t think it can’t happen to you. If the government feels your property would serve the greater good by putting wind turbines or solar panels up you can pack your bags and get ready to move. Same with me, same with all of us. The government has been out of control for awhile and they are getting more drunk with power nearly everyday. As we found out most people are sheep. The government found that out as well.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>
    Let it soar!

and you were the one just whining about taxes….

Ag land taxes suck, but they don’t suck nearly the same as general property taxes. There are far more options to minimize taxes too in agriculture. The old saying that “only dumb farmers have ever shown a profit” is true for most ag landowners as well.

Increased taxes will just get passed on in lease increases in most situations.

Coletrain27
    Participant

Yea… Which will just drive up prices on everything food related. So what’s the advantage for these stupid ideas to use our farmland?

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

There’s normal and crazy. Guess which one this poop came from.

B-man
    Participant

Always remember:

Some people voted for these officials…

If you’re one of them, you can’t complain. Reap what you sow.

For the rest of us, Good lord, I hope I never have to explain a pregnant man to my kids. But at the rate we’re going, I don’t know if I’ll even have words.

Brittman
    Participant

There is a scene in Modern Family where two “dad” parents try to play the gay card to get some type of entitlement. The executive director (school, whatever) says that may have worked 10 years ago, now if one of you were transgender or ___

Everyone should have the right to live life without fear of bullying or violence because of “who they are”, but to believe that every written word is wrong if not all inclusive is becoming insane.

Brittman
    Participant

Precovid … We had an obviously transgender “contract worker” person using our main men’s bathroom at work. There were two single bathrooms within 100 yards …

Well a group of us (yah I am easily the oldest) noted that she (well he, or Ze or they) could possibly be looking for a reaction. Training told me to just go on like nothing was at all different and to be honest … what ever … whistling Our women coworkers had no clue this was even a thing and I am curious if the transgender situation was reversed how the situation would have unfolded.

Well one of the higher managers in the building decided to yell out at that individual one day … “hey the women’s bathroom is on the other side” shock

Oops … we were reminded of our training and he had to attend extra special training for a few days.

Thought about this again today – because man this could have been elevated a notch if this person was pregnant ?

isu22andy
    Participant

I’ve talked to 3 land owners in Southern MN about solar . The cheapest contract was $900 acre for 30 years , highest 1300 for 30 years . Can buy a lot of land off rent .

gary d
    Participant
    cordova,il

This silliness is here to stay. They have there foot in the door. Some one said that people will follow the herd and vote for the same poeple. I’m afraid that is true. Sometimes we need help and I think it is a long time away…..

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

I’ve talked to 3 land owners in Southern MN about solar . The cheapest contract was $900 acre for 30 years , highest 1300 for 30 years . Can buy a lot of land off rent .

We’ve been approached twice and turned it down. Most people don’t realize that when people sign on to this, the panels, equipment, anything buried is YOURS as the landowner. The companies behind it are actually leasing your land with permissions for access and to put the equipment on. We were told to plan on taking 1/3 of the “profit” and setting it aside for disposal (our offered contracts were 25 years). I said no to both without hesitation.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>

Yea… Which will just drive up prices on everything food related. So what’s the advantage for these stupid ideas to use our farmland?

I don’t support using good farmland for solar projects. It is contributing to rising land prices though and overall demand for tillable acreage.

There’s no denying that soaring ag land prices are benefiting landowners regardless of inflation. Only about 0.4% of Americans own tillable land though. The gains have significantly outpaced the stock market on average returns, while also being far less volatile. There’s a reason the Bill Gates type are buying up ag land rapidly, and it’s not because they lose money on inflationary increases over time. Keep in mind most have even more tax incentives on the back end with write offs from being managed as separate businesses or “farms.”

Ag land continues to be a sound investment and arguably one of the best you can make. The only slight downfall is it takes time and a process to liquidate it, but that’s not most peoples intention anyways.

brandyman
    Participant
    West central MN

Ag land taxes suck, but they don’t suck nearly the same as general property taxes. There are far more options to minimize taxes too in agriculture. The old saying that “only dumb farmers have ever shown a profit” is true for most ag landowners as well.

[/quote]

I would hope that these areas are rezoning the solar “farms” as commercial property so they pay more than ag taxes.
    People who pay the most property taxes are commercial, mining or rail roads, next are residential then at the bottom are the ag lands.

The sales of high priced ag lands and houses is what drives up property valuations. I have been on the town board for enough years to know that!

Gitchi Gummi
    Participant

All this talk and wasted breath about pronouns on this site. Not one mention of the collapse of Silicon Valley bank. The 2nd largest bank failure in history. For those that don’t remember the biggest, it was Lehman brothers and was the main catalyst in the 2008 recession.

There’s a lot to unpack here. SVB’s CAO was the CFO of Lehman just prior to Lehman going belly up.

Carry on to your disgust over pronouns.

Coletrain27
    Participant

All this talk and wasted breath about pronouns on this site. Not one mention of the collapse of Silicon Valley bank. The 2nd largest bank failure in history. For those that don’t remember the biggest, it was Lehman brothers and was the main catalyst in the 2008 recession.

There’s a lot to unpack here. SVB’s CAO was the CFO of Lehman just prior to Lehman going belly up.

Carry on to your disgust over pronouns.

I guess he forgot to ask you if this topic was worthy enough to post on here hah

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.