The frostbite young guns

• Gunflint Trail
    Participant

I see this whole exercise as a project put together by a caring father to channel his son’s interests to help his son and son’s friends learn business doing something they enjoy. There is a marketing person behind this (perhaps the father himself works in marketing). The result will be a boatload of experience for his son that can be used across the business world. They may make some money, but they will certainly learn something valuable even if they don’t.

Gunflint Trail
    Participant

New Video promoting Frostbite. You can fish with them if you buy their lures.

YOU FISH WITH ME

will drive many young people to buy to be part of the group. They have built a real brand that delivers identity. The funny thing is that the main character admits he hasn’t caught any fish the day before and that he isn’t the best fisherman. The reason to fish with him is community, not the best fishing.

New Video

Attachments:
    1. AP.png

David Blais
    Participant

I think their style will get old quick. But hey! What do I know?

Gunflint Trail
    Participant

Yup, I understand. But, their 675,000 followers apparently don’t agree with us.

al-wichman
    Participant
    SE Wisconsin

Followers are one thing, consumers are a totally different thing. How many of those followers are active followers? How many of them are ice fisherman? Realistically if half are ice fisherman that drops to 340K now if a quarter of that are young kids then it drops even farther.

I like their videos personally so I’m not trying to dump on them at all. It’s just that in the ice fishing market we may be getting to the point of over saturation in regards to products available. How many “custom” rod companies can really thrive in a fairly small niche market? The same goes for tackle companies. You can only design a jig so many ways.

steveo
    Participant
    W Central Sconnie

Just found one of their videos. Amusing. I don’t ice fish but liked the video. Good luck to them

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

I see they stayed and fished mille lacs while here out of izatys

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

I found out della ray is there custom rod builder. If any one was still wondering

belletaine
    Participant
    Nevis, MN

Yup, I understand. But, their 675,000 followers apparently don’t agree with us.

Exactly. Some folks like steak and others prefer chicken.
    I guarantee you this thread alone will put money in their pockets.

Mookie Blaylock
    Participant
    Wright County, MN

Aaron cut his hair, so now all you fanboys can make your mothers happy and cut yours too for Christmas.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Aaron cut his hair, so now all you fanboys can make your mothers happy and cut yours too for Christmas.

Did he shave his beard as well cuz that is one nappy beard

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mookie Blaylock wrote:</div>

Where do you guys think the upcoming Frostbite hair jig line is sourced from?

Your right. He also doesn’t pass road kill with out skinning it for jigs

Mookie Blaylock
    Participant
    Wright County, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mookie Blaylock wrote:</div>

There is no way to answer this without revealing that I am the biggest of fan boys…
    His old cameraman Jay posted a pic of him all cleaned up for Jay’s wedding.

Charles
    Participant

Well I think Aaron cut his hair for the wedding of Jay since he is the best man.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

We have seen many guys come here begging for clicks on their video’s. Very few come back more then once or twice. My guess is it’s more work to make a quality video than most think or they want to put in.

Like any profession, you have those willing to put in the time, money, agony to succeed. Those looking for the instant fame and money just aren’t going to cut it.

Anybody looking to get into the biz better realize it’s a long road and the consumers aren’t nearly as stupid as they think. We won’t be led around just because you can make a video and find somebody to sponsor you.

Slabhunter
    Participant

They already have put in the long road and have more fame than most realize…if they can parlay that into a legitimate ice jig and plastics business and employ a few people kudos for them…they already have done wonders with Favorite Rods and Googan Baits so this is not their first rodeo…although I do believe it will be their toughest yet.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Just goes to show I live in a box cuz i’ve never heard of them or any of the products you listed.

How long a road? How old are these guys? I have heard of Aaron but not anybody else. Maybe they are only a ice fishing thing.

Slabhunter
    Participant

You have to be a Youtube and fishing fan to have heard of them….they all started at about age 16…although Rob (LunkersTV) started up after returning from serving in the Armed Forces in the MidEast. They all started as Bass guys which has a large audience worldwide, and now they travel all over the world fishing all kinds of species and producing YT vids….they certainly are not the best fishermen but they produce some very entertaining vids and hook into nice fish every now and then. They have a home in Dallas that they base out (although most are not from TX) and the 5 of them make up the Googan Squad which has its own YT Channel and then the 5 each of them have their own YT Channel (APBassing, LunkersTV, Jon B, Flair, and Lake Fork Guy. They all have been to MN multiple times to make vids and are getting connected up here via other local Youtubers.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Really the only one of them I can stand is Lake Fork Guy. He actually has a legit fishing background. Was the Bassmaster Collegiate National Champ with Texas A&M a handful of years ago. Also takes a yearly trip to LOTW with his dad which makes for a great series of videos. I watch his channel more than the Googan videos. The rest of them just make clickbait and catch fish every now and then. I will say they can make some high quality videos (editing and filming wise).

As for the Frostibe brand, as others have mentioned its going to come down to the quality of their product and if it can convince the consumer that isn’t one of their youtube fans to buy.

rjthehunter
    Participant
    Brainerd

You have to be a Youtube and fishing fan to have heard of them….they all started at about age 16…although Rob (LunkersTV) started up after returning from serving in the Armed Forces in the MidEast. They all started as Bass guys which has a large audience worldwide, and now they travel all over the world fishing all kinds of species and producing YT vids….they certainly are not the best fishermen but they produce some very entertaining vids and hook into nice fish every now and then. They have a home in Dallas that they base out (although most are not from TX) and the 5 of them make up the Googan Squad which has its own YT Channel and then the 5 each of them have their own YT Channel (APBassing, LunkersTV, Jon B, Flair, and Lake Fork Guy. They all have been to MN multiple times to make vids and are getting connected up here via other local Youtubers.

Good buddy of mine I’m going to school with spends quite a bit of time filming with and got flair. We’re going to get out on the ice in the next week or so, should be fun, great group of guys!

andrew stanton
    Participant

As consumers and ice fisherman, you have the choice to buy from them or pass. Personally, I bought a bunch if jigs from them and I’m impressed. Great price, and very original paint and plastics.

Viewing 21 posts - 61 through 81 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.