Still plenty of ice as of today 😁

Attachments:
    1. 00061415-591F-48E2-B896-B21A4199F2D6-scaled.jpeg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m as ready as it gets for the Croix. Bring it on

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

4 weeks… Time to get rigs tied and rods ready. Boat coming home next week. Love this time of year. Would be nice to see some temps in the 50’s.

Deuces

I will get out this year, and it will be glorious.

Good reminders, keep em coming!!! toast

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

What area do you guys fish on opener. I’ve been fishing north of Osceola since I was a kid. I never move down to still water, well maybe but very rarely

Lost
    Shafer, MN

Last year was my first opener on the Croix, fishing between Franconia and Osceola. Sure was surprised with how busy it was. I had been out on the prior couple weekends exploring backwaters and trying for rough fish and barely saw anyone. Come opener, it became a zoo. Capped off the day waiting for a guy to launch his brand new pontoon. He backed it right up to the waters edge, put the truck in park, and he and his group of people started to load it with all their gear for the afternoon. Another boat was ahead of me, and both of us just watched the clown show. Once they finally had all of their junk loaded (and found the key), they realized that the Franconia launch can be shallow and they barely got the pontoon off the trailer.

All together an interesting experience.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Last year was my first opener on the Croix, fishing between Franconia and Osceola. Sure was surprised with how busy it was. I had been out on the prior couple weekends exploring backwaters and trying for rough fish and barely saw anyone. Come opener, it became a zoo. Capped off the day waiting for a guy to launch his brand new pontoon. He backed it right up to the waters edge, put the truck in park, and he and his group of people started to load it with all their gear for the afternoon. Another boat was ahead of me, and both of us just watched the clown show. Once they finally had all of their junk loaded (and found the key), they realized that the Franconia launch can be shallow and they barely got the pontoon off the trailer.

All together an interesting experience.

Franconia is a tough launch all summer long. But I have 2 buddies who sturgeon fish on a pontoon and launch there all the time. But yes that launch turns in to a zoo. Most people Struggle and are gone by noon every year. That is my go to all year.

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

3 weeks…. Masters weekend. Tie some rigs and get the rods ready. Have an itch for a new Walleye rod.

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Sounds like the rain gear is going to be useful for opener weekend.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Where will be the best place to launch a small boat this year from Lake St Croix to Stillwater? I could do a lot of searching, but I know some folks here have some up to date info. Beanies is fine, but its nice to have options when they fill up.

Deuces

Has anyone been to beanies lately? As of couple years ago they have only a handful of spot to park a trailer if I recall. They got rid of that whole launch option almost and started to cater to their rentals.

Please correct me if wrong. I’ve scratched off beanies as a viable option since then.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

I just realized the Croix opener is tomorrow! Thought it was next Saturday, with the rest of inland WI. whistling

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Where will be the best place to launch a small boat this year from Lake St Croix to Stillwater? I could do a lot of searching, but I know some folks here have some up to date info. Beanies is fine, but its nice to have options when they fill up.

Osceola or Franconia.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I just realized the Croix opener is tomorrow! Thought it was next Saturday, with the rest of inland WI. whistling

I’m glad I’m not the only one. I thought it was the 7th. Hope it’ll be quiet next weekend and then I’ll pretend it’s opener

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Tough bite out there Saturday. Water temp at 44. Pretty cold. Hopefully the warmer weather next week will improve the action.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Tough bite out there Saturday. Water temp at 44. Pretty cold. Hopefully the warmer weather next week will improve the action.

not great weather this weekend, for sure! Not too upset that I was out of town. Plan on going out Tuesday. Anyone else be out there during the day?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.