That was me

• MNdrifter
    Participant

I was the guy in the tan Buick lesabre who passed the IDO crew driving on 94 by St. Cloud today. I honked and waived as I went by. Man that’s a sharp truck! Guess I’ll have to tune in Sunday to see where you were coming from unless someone wants to give a spoiler!?!? Couldn’t help but feel jealous. here I am on my way home from my boring everyday 7-3:30er, and you guys are coming off the lake somewhere. Man I’d like to wring my HS guidance counselor’s neck!

castle-rock-clown
    Participant

It’s not all unicorns and rainbows for those guys. They have a strong expectation to perform possibly under the most adverse conditions. Imagine being under the gun and being told you have only so many hours to drill a hole in the ice and pull fish out of it!!!

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

I thought a bad day fishing beats a good day working any day.

Hey
    Participant

It’s not all unicorns and rainbows for those guys. They have a strong expectation to perform possibly under the most adverse conditions. Imagine being under the gun and being told you have only so many hours to drill a hole in the ice and pull fish out of it!!!

Good grief. It’s like they are storming the beaches of Normandy.

Imagine being a police officer or a nurse/doctor in a COVID ward right now.

And who isn’t expected to perform at their job…

Coletrain27
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>castle-rock-clown wrote:</div>

Good grief. It’s like they are storming the beaches of Normandy.

Imagine being a police officer or a nurse/doctor in a COVID ward right now.

And who isn’t expected to perform at their job…

rotflol well said

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

I don’t think castle rock was trying to compare them to the military or er docs. Just pointing out they are not just fishing for fun everyday. But way to bring covid into it.

castle-rock-clown
    Participant

Really guys??? You took what I said as if I were preaching the gospel of clown!?!

MNdrifter
    Participant

I am sorry. Mods can delete this thread before it gets out of hand. Man I am so sick of this covid.

castle-rock-clown
    Participant

I thought this was going to be a fun thread, I mean “unicorns and rainbows”??? That sounds like an invitation to a party to me!

I was hoping there would be more to the story like how you tailed them following to the secret IDO lair, 😆

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I was hoping there would be more to the story like how you tailed them following to the secret IDO lair,

Are you kidding! Had he done that, we wouldn’t have ever heard from MNDrifter again!! wink

Deuces
    Participant

This is usually what I say in the truck when the kids frantically go to open the windows…..

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Drifter I feel the same way about you every time I see pics of your boys catching fish, while I’m at home changing diapers! rotflol

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>castle-rock-clown wrote:</div>
    I was hoping there would be more to the story like how you tailed them following to the secret IDO lair,

Are you kidding! Had he done that, we wouldn’t have ever heard from MNDrifter again!! wink

rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

AK Guy
    Participant

But what if fishing is your work?

85lund
    Participant
    Menomonie, WI

I hear you can buy rainbows just south of red. We were going to get a few but they were closed. God it would have looked so good next to my participation medal jester

Attachments:
    1. 817D8A8A-288C-4F17-B666-D31544F75AD6-scaled.jpeg

CaptainMusky
    Participant

That’s why they drill so many holes, to hide the bodies.

castle-rock-clown
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brian Klawitter wrote:</div>

That’s why they drill so many holes, to hide the bodies.

They can’t drill a hole big enough to fit my body through…

MNdrifter
    Participant

Drifter I feel the same way about you every time I see pics of your boys catching fish, while I’m at home changing diapers! rotflol

Hang in there bud. Your time is coming. Will take a few years. Then I’ll be jealous looking back to when my kids weren’t to cool to go fishing with dad, after they discover girls, working, and sports. I’ve probably only got ‘‘em another year or two before all that.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Hang in there bud. Your time is coming. Will take a few years. Then I’ll be jealous looking back to when my kids weren’t to cool to go fishing with dad, after they discover girls, working, and sports. I’ve probably only got ‘‘em another year or two before all that.
    [/quote]

I’m worried that my son is also almost at that age. We spent the day on the lake Saturday and it was the best day we could have had just him and I.

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Eelpoutguy wrote:</div>

But what if fishing is your work?

Whoa! Insert head exploding imoji here. rotflol

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.