Terrova to Ulterra questuon

• dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I have a Terrova with an MKA-21 composite bracket.

Thinking of getting an Ulterra.

For those that have done this change, Terrova w/MKA-21 bracket,
    did you have to move the bracket puck mounted on the bow or was it
    good to go without moving for the Ulterra?

Thanks

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

As far as I know this bracket won’t work with the Ulterra. I have one on a boat I’m rigging right now, I was told to remove it. I will be curious to hear what others say.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

As far as I know this bracket won’t work with the Ulterra. I have one on a boat I’m rigging right now, I was told to remove it. I will be curious to hear what others say.

Minnkota said the MKA-21 will work for some Ulterra models. There is a high strength bracket for 72″ shafts and 112 lb models. (MKA-53)

David Ellingson

According to that chart My Ulterra shouldn’t work with my mka-16 but I removed my Terrova and installed my Ulterra and works just fine. I don’t always go by what a company tells me that will work, I try it myself. For instance when I bought my new 2012 GMC they told me that my tonneau cover wouldn’t work from my 98 GMC and wanted to sell me a new one. I installed it anyway and it fits perfect, so they told me don’t tell anyone. Go figure!

mojogunter

Same here it was the same bracket and the holes lined up. Very easy swap

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I’m using the MKA 32 for 3 years now on a 112 Ulterra 36 volt 60″ shaft, I don’t think an extra 12″ will matter that much.

BUTT, with that said don’t ask my lady friends, just say’in. bawling

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.