Terrova I-Pilot Link Remote Invalid Software

• boone
    Participant
    Woodbury, MN

So I was up on Mille Lacs last Sunday and tried to turn on the remote to my Terrova and it just has a black screen with:

IPILOT LINE REMOTE BOOT V 1.070

SOFTWARE:
    CUR: INVALID

POWER OFF
    CONNECT
    PAIR
    EARSE DATABASE
    MEMORY TEST

It was working just fine the last time I used it. The Remote was charged last time I used it. Anybody know what I need to do? I saw a guy post on BBC that had a similar problem but I couldn’t figure out how to fix it based on that post. Any help is much appreciated. Luckily I had my foot pedal so we were still able to fish. Smallmouth bite was pretty slow for us.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_8599-scaled.jpg

boone
    Participant
    Woodbury, MN

Here’s a photo of the remote

Attachments:
    1. IMG_8599-1-scaled.jpg

boone
    Participant
    Woodbury, MN

I called Minn Kota tech service. I was able to reach a real live, knowledgeable person (Steven) in just a minute or two. Steven knew about the exact problem I have and emailed me a PDF document that provided instruction that MAY fix the problem. I followed the instructions but still was not able to get my remote working. It’s something about software, BIOS, and the motor and remote communicating with each other. I need to download some software using Bluetooth and my phone. I’ll try it again to see if I can get it working. Steven said it usual does work but if not, it’s under the 2 year warranty period.

Good news is that I loaded the I-Pilot Line app on my I-Phone and now my I-phone seems to do everything the remote does, at least the most common commands such as steering, speed, spotlock, and autopilot. And the foot control also works.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.