TCF Bank Stadium Parking

• big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

OK, so I am heading to the game tomorrow night.. never been to the TCF Stadium yet…. looking for suggestions to get there VIA 94 East and parking options. I will pay for good parking so…. lol Thanks in advance…

Dan
    Participant
    Southeast MN

I have no advice for you sir, I would just like to express my jealousy. A lot of things could happen in that game. The Gophers could get blown out by a national-championship-contending team but I also wouldn’t be surprised if we see a good ballgame.

Sorry for no advice but have fun!

mnrabbit
    Participant
    South Central Minnesota

I don’t have much advice for you on parking but I will also be in attendance! We are taking the light rail from the MOA. With the state fair going on, I don’t even want to look into or attempt parking anywhere around TCF.

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

Options are here:

http://www1.umn.edu/pts/park/gopherfb.html#singlegame

Be aware that on-campus parking and driving will be a cluster for tomorrow’s game because it’s a weekday game. Usually contract parking slots are available for weekend games because U employees are gone for the weekend and there’s little/no campus traffic other than the game traffic. Tomorrow those slots will be full, cutting overall capacity, and normal U activities will be in full swing.

If coming from the west, you may want to consider parking somewhere in Minneapolis and taking the light rail over to campus.

Ramp parking in one of the City ramps like Ramp B (Target Center Ramp) or Ramp C puts you very close to the Target Field light rail station, but it’s easy on/off to I 94 as well. No Twins game on the 3rd so you’ll have the place to yourself.

Grouse

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve had good luck with the oak st. ramp. We go early & have dinner somewhere, but keep in mind that is usually on a Saturday.

tegg
    Participant
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

The Huron exit pretty much takes you there. You could also take the 280/University exit and go west on University.

As for parking I know there are a number of lots and ramps in the area. It’s changed so much since I attended the U I’d be worthless for details. I still park west of 15th Ave and walk.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I’ll see if I can get a hold of my buddy who did the framing on that thing, know he figured out the parking.

tegg
    Participant
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Scratch that. I read it as “from” 94 East.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Parking at the Bank sucks in general, and tomorrow will be worse than usual. I would second taking the light rail, and then plan on having a drink or something to eat after as the Light Rail is usually backed up for a long time after. Or if you can get there early enough you might be able to snag one of the ramp/lot spots.

belletaine
    Participant
    Nevis, MN

I’ve had good luck with the oak st. ramp. We go early & have dinner somewhere, but keep in mind that is usually on a Saturday.

X2 on the Oak st. Ramp. No matter what you choose it’ll move slow, obviously the earlier you arrive the better. Hopefully it’s a competitive game.
    Have fun!

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

I think I will try the Oak St ramp… thanks guys ! It should be an interesting game…. #2 vs. #…????

the better half
    Participant
    Champlin, MN

With the State Fair still in full swing parking may be more of a cluster than normal. There are multiple (4 or 5) lots being used for fair parking. Just something to consider.

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

I am hoping that being the game is at 8pm and the cost is $10 for Fair Parking at that lot, it will keep most people away… shock

Fife
    Participant
    Ramsey, MN

Take me with you and I will show you the ropes. Heck, I’ll drive you down from Rogers.

I like to go to dinky town for pre game festivities. Blarney’s has a shuttle that will take you to the game. I think they run continuos a half hour before the game and half hour after. If coming in on university from the west, I head north on 10th st then take a right on 5th. It brings you to dinky town and you don’t have to sit in backed up university avenue traffic.

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

maybe another one Dan… I got all these….

Attachments:
    1. tix.jpg

Hunting4Walleyes
    Participant
    MN

It looks like you have a good shot Dan. Big G’s calendar looks pretty wide open. jester

Have fun G!

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

Change of plans… going to Joe Sensers for some dinner, take their shuttle to and from stadium. Sounds alot easier than trying to find parking and then getting out of there when it’s done… was listening to the FAN at noon, sounds like it’s gonna be a BIG GAME tonight, with no empty seats. doah

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.