Tackle box that protects tackle

• mazak500
    Participant
    South West Michigan

Lakewood box, got foam from wal-mart annd cut to size.

Attachments:
    1. lakewood.png

Loren I Duerr
    Participant

I think I have tried about every box for my panfish jigs. Last year I found the clam slim jig boxes. They are the best. They hold panfish jigs and small spoons, once you put them in and close the cover they cannot move. so no chipped paint or jigs falling out when you open the box (unless you don’t put them in correctly).

Esox
    Participant

Lakewood box, got foam from wal-mart annd cut to size.

Doesn’t even have to be a lakewood box. Cutting foam to fit inside the individual slots in a Plano box will keep your spoons and jigs from getting hook rash. Painted lead jigs are the worst for this. I also have ruined several jigs from them simply banging in to one another inside the box. Foam in a plano box fixed this.

I use the Clam spoon box where the spoons all go in vertical slots in the foam, and it works great. Then for jigging raps and small spoons, I cut foam salvaged from some packing materials and filled a bunch of plano boxes.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Just a heads up for those thinking about the fishmore boxes, I just received mine today. I didnt realize I ordered 2, but they are HUGE! IDK if I will fill one box let alone 2. LOL

Robert smestad
    Participant

I used the same thing, then made my own box using Kerri board and hot melt glue. Very strong and floats. (Old tile setter)

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.