Tackle box that protects tackle

• FinnyDinDin

I have about $1000+ worth of ice fishing jigs that have been essentially ruined from getting beat up in the sled. Maybe it’s $2000+, honestly I don’t want to know. I am in search of a new box that will keep them from rattling together and getting all beat up and I am looking for suggestions. I believe this was talked about in the last few months but I did a quick search and couldn’t locate the thread. Please provide a link if you know the thread.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

How about a cheap fly box? Some of them can hold a couple of hundred flies.

SR

FinnyDinDin

How about a cheap fly box? Some of them can hold a couple of hundred flies.

SR

I use one for panfish jigs but I haven’t seen any that would work for jigging spoons, raps etc. that I use for walleye, trout etc. If you have one that you think would work I’d be interested in a link or a brand name to search.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I don’t mean this rudely, but am generally curious. Why carry around that much tackle?

Jerry Krieger

I have about $1000+ worth of ice fishing jigs that have been essentially ruined from getting beat up in the sled. Maybe it’s $2000+, honestly I don’t want to know. I am in search of a new box that will keep them from rattling together and getting all beat up and I am looking for suggestions. I believe this was talked about in the last few months but I did a quick search and couldn’t locate the thread. Please provide a link if you know the thread.

Jerry Krieger

Go to FISHMORE.com. They had a booth at the ice show. They had some nice looking and functional boxes. I purchased some jigging boxes.

Nodakk

I have the slotted foam jig boxes from clam and they work well. They rode in my cargo box on my snowmobile all last season and never had a problem

Nodakk

Those FishMore boxes look sweet. Ordering some now

FinnyDinDin

Thanks for the suggestions. Those fish more’s look nice. Is the plastic tough on them?

Not only did I ruin tackle I broke some of Plano plastic boxes within the soft sided tackle bag. I make 10-25 mile runs on big water and speed is necessary which is tough on gear with rough ice.

FinnyDinDin

I don’t mean this rudely, but am generally curious. Why carry around that much tackle?

Good question. I certainly don’t need it all. I had all ice tackle in one bag that held several Plano boxes. I was too lazy to shift tackle around depending on the species, location etc. I am now going to set up the boxes species specific and scale way back on what I bring. I had a tackle addiction and had way more than any guy could need but I am going to try to scale back as I rebuild and try to keep them nice.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Assuming you are traveling by sled? I strap my cabelas tackle bag with ice jigs on my front quad rack

Ripjiggen

I use these they work well.

Attachments:
    1. 8E1E6493-83B3-4B67-B714-4EBB8375C9DB.jpeg

Nodakk

Assuming you are traveling by sled? I strap my cabelas tackle bag with ice jigs on my front quad rack

Agreed. I keep everything I can on my sled versus in the otter flip over. Electronics, auger, rods, tackle, heater, etc. Only thing that goes in the tub is the propane tank.

ekruger01

Fishmore is the best box ive found for keeping spoons seperated, and not taking up a ton of space like the Clam ones. I have 2, one in the smaller spoon size, and one in the larger spoon size, both 3700 size boxes. Those go with me on the lake. Then have Gamakatsu G Boxes for all my bulk storage at home.

Charles

Oh man Fishmore has some badass stuff, I just placed an order lol.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

This seems like a odd statement coming from a Bass Fishermen. They are know to carry around more tackle than just about any group of fishermen on earth. I could not tell you how many bass fishermen who had to buy a bigger boat just because they needed more tackle storage space.

CaptainMusky

Those fishmore boxes look fantastic! Had to order one.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Pictures of what was ruined?

CaptainMusky

Pictures of what was ruined?

Im guessing the paint all chipped off. I have issues with some of my oldest stuff that had that happen.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Lures being ruined because paint has chipped off = custom color painting fun.

acarroline

Does Fishmore sell the inserts we put into our appropriate plano box or the box and insert???

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Buy back all your stuff:

A Christmas Bonus

:grin:

FinnyDinDin

Thanks all! Going with a few fishmore’s and a couple rapala boxes for the panfish gear.

FinnyDinDin

If you or anyone else need any let me know. I got a ton of beat up jigs I’d let go for cheap.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

If you or anyone else need any let me know. I got a ton of beat up jigs I’d let go for cheap.

I will take you up on that.

If you place the small hooks in a chunk of foam it will stop them from banging around so much. You can buy these plastic tubes in bulk for cheap.

Attachments:
    1. 20221206_193705-scaled.jpg

Cam White

Gruv boxes or the boxes from Nicole stone outdoors work perfect for protecting jigs.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Gruv boxes or the boxes from Nicole stone outdoors work perfect for protecting jigs.

Oh man Is she hard to watch. So very annoying.

Cam White

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Cam White wrote:</div>

Oh man Is she hard to watch. So very annoying.

Lol. Agree. I like the box design, actually bought from another supplier here in canada. The Gruv box is slick for jigs.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Rodwork wrote:</div>

I’d be interested in buying them and painting them

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.