Fishing Report for Table Rock Lake?

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Since we don’t have a forum for this, I thought I would post it here.

Would anyone have a fishing report for Table Rock Lake down there in warm Brandson? Just wondering if anything is biting down there or if everyone is spending too much time going to see all the country singers.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Hey Brian I am in Branson now as I write this, I have been fishing Table Rock without much success, the water temp right now is about 57 deg during the day. The locals tell me that the water needs to stay around 60 for the fish to go into spawn, hopefully that will happen this week while I am here. I am contacting some guides while I am down here and introducing them to IDA, hopefully there is a future pro staffer down here that could give us regular reports for this area. Here is a guide that I sent a e-mail to today Tim Sainato
    Tomorrow I am taking my daughter to Bass Pro in Springfield, if nothing else I can get some fish pics there at the aquarium

illinois

isnt this earth a strange place we got water temp here in the 54 to 60 degree rang in one lake but fish arent even close to spawning our climate here is alot colder then table rock but the diffrence the of the lake makes

steve http://www.bassfan.com has articles on table rock from a month ago this could help you with a starting pattern they should be biting down there spawn time is very soon

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

So do you use live bait or ringworms in that aquarium?

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

They have been hitting on plastics, something very similar to k-grubs but I did not have the right color with me, Green peper is the hot color right now. The water needs to stay at a consistent 60 deg for a few days for the spawn to kick in, that probably wont happen while I am here The lake is very clear right now so I have seen allot of fish, catching them is another story

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

The aquarium at Bass Pro?

I think you should be targeting the trout in table rock or Tannycomo with a fly?

Sounds like your going to be coming back to great MN weather…38 degrees on Easter Sunday…Welcome back to MN!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Quote:

The aquarium at Bass Pro?

I think you should be targeting the trout in table rock or Tannycomo with a fly?

Sounds like you’re going to be coming back to great MN weather…38 degrees on Easter Sunday…Welcome back to MN!

Yup yup saw the forecast for back home, that made up our minds for us if we should come home a day early or not, we decided to not leave a day early One more day of fishing in 70 deg weather
    You guys fishing the walleye searchers tournament on sat have fun and try not to freeze you’re off

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.