Switching from maxxum to Terrova, am I gonna have mounting issues?

• Jared
    Participant

So it looks like I will have to drill all new holes. I’m just concerned with how many mounting bolts I’ll actually be able to utilize? I’m not comfortable with only two but looking at the dimensions and how much room I actually have on my mounting board at the bow two may be all I actually can fit.

Any suggestions on if I’ll be able to get 4 bolts on there? If not, are there bracket options? Sorry for the ignorance, this will be my first install and before I drop 2500 bucks on it I wanna make sure it’s actually gonna work. Thanks!

Attachments:
    1. 20221207_141152-scaled.jpg

2. 20221207_141117-scaled.jpg

3. 20221207_141049-scaled.jpg

4. 20221207_141039-scaled.jpg

Greg G.
    Participant

I just installed a new terrova on my boat last weekend. after reviewing your pictures yours looks like a walk in the park compared to what i had to deal with. are you planning to mount it directly to the deck of the boat or are you going to use a removable mount.

Jared
    Participant

I just installed a new terrova on my boat last weekend. after reviewing your pictures yours looks like a walk in the park compared to what i had to deal with. are you planning to mount it directly to the deck of the boat or are you going to use a removable mount.

I was planning on mounting directly unless getting a removable mount would end up working better. I’m not sure how they work or if the mounting pattern of the mount that attaches to the boat is different than the pattern where the motor attaches to the mount.

Greg G.
    Participant

I had originally planned on re-using the MK-16-1 slide mount that i had for my powerdrive but the cables from the motor head would not let the motor to slide all the way out before becoming tight. I opted to go with minn kotas MK-21 mount . It has a approximately 4″x7″ carbon block that mounts to the deck with 4 screws and locknuts. the motor has a piece that mounts to the bottom of it. then you just set the motor over the block and a u shaped handle slides thru both pieces holding it all together. The box it comes in has a cut out mounting template inside of it to help position it and mark the holes for drilling.

Jared
    Participant

I had originally planned on re-using the MK-16-1 slide mount that i had for my powerdrive but the cables from the motor head would not let the motor to slide all the way out before becoming tight. I opted to go with minn kotas MK-21 mount . It has a approximately 4″x7″ carbon block that mounts to the deck with 4 screws and locknuts. the motor has a piece that mounts to the bottom of it. then you just set the motor over the block and a u shaped handle slides thru both pieces holding it all together. The box it comes in has a cut out mounting template inside of it to help position it and mark the holes for drilling.

So essentially, the bracket is just a solid piece on top and the motor can mount to it at any position?

Jared
    Participant

Sorry nevermind I’m a dummy. I looked it up, that’s definitely a great option if I can’t mount directly to the boat. Thanks for the help!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.