swapping out Helix Units

• John Hamilton

I just bought a boat with a Helix 12 on the console and a Helix 9 on the bow. The 9 is used for 360. I would like to put the 12 on the bow and the 9 on the console just for mapping. The plugs are exactly the same. Can I just swap them out? How do get the 12 linked to the 360? Thanks.

stevenoak

Think you will need to move transducers with units. To be sure what you need to do. E-mail Bird customer service. If you aren’t in a hurry. When I switched mine. The transducer plug pulled out of the master plug and switched just fine.

Red Reno

Are either of the units Side or Down Imaging? or Mega? For instance, if the 12 is a Mega SI/DI and the 9 isn’t, then you won’t have the SI/DI capabilities any longer on the 12(assuming you are using the trolling motor xducer). Will they work for power/gps and 2D sonar, yes but need to know a little more info.

Michael Best

I agree with Red Reno. Need some more info on your units and what you have for transducers. Do you have side or down imagery in the back of the boat for the 12?

I am not sure what the requirements are for 360 as far as imagery goes.
    My 12 that I have hooked up to the 360 is a G4N mega down imagery unit. It can read the side imagery in the back of the boat through the network. I believe this is because it’s an N model.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Need to know what generation each unit and if DI-SI is just look on the back of the units it will tell what they are.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.