Superior Reports?

• ssperch
    Hudson, WI

Hi All,

I used to use GLA Forum to check in on the bites on Lake Superior and Lake Michigan. I can’t seem to find the site anymore and am thinking it’s not longer out there…

Anyone know a good spot to check in for Great Lakes reports? Looking to keep an eye on the trolling bite out of Duluth/Superior in the coming month.

Thanks!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Send B-man from this site a PM, he spend s a lot of time there and likely will know something.

I should add you can generally find him in the general discussion forum.

phoyem
    Minneapolis

There’s a Facebook page called Lake Superior reports that’s pretty good. But yes, I too miss Great Lakes angler forum

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

Fished out of Duluth today for the first time this year. Rices landing was packed when my son and I got there at the crack of 10am (had to work a couple hours first).
    Headed out the Duluth entry and set lines and trolled the sand. Temp was 42 there. Went all the way to the beach house before we got bit. Fished that area til 3 and my son landed 4 “coho candy’s”. 16-18”. Water warmed up to 46 towards the Superior entry. 10-15’ and boards and sticks. Caught them on pink, purple, watermelon and orange/gold, so no pattern at all.

Here’s what’s going on the grill tonight

Attachments:
    1. 969077AA-0992-4417-B8FA-E567B33A6884.jpeg

gunsmith89
    eyota, mn

Hi All,

I used to use GLA Forum to check in on the bites on Lake Superior and Lake Michigan. I can’t seem to find the site anymore and am thinking it’s not longer out there…

Anyone know a good spot to check in for Great Lakes reports? Looking to keep an eye on the trolling bite out of Duluth/Superior in the coming month.

Thanks!

PM Sent

kbmwer
    Rosemount, MN

Got out on Superior Thursday evening and Friday morning. Only 1 laker on Thursday with water temps in the high 50’s. Went out of Superior entry Friday and found some cooler water in the low 50’s after the waves calmed down. Managed to pick up 2 lakers on silver and black stick baits on long lines, 2 kings on a pink UV stick bait 30 down on a rigger and a coho on a gold Rapala. Great time on the big water!

gunsmith89
    eyota, mn

I have seen some friends on facebook doing very well on the south shore for walleye but have not heard anything on the trout/salmon.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

My buddy runs Team Crush Outdoors charter on Lake Superior, and they have been getting into the lake trout pretty good. Had a group that got 11 Thursday and another group with 9 on Saturday. He’s a good follow on FB if you do that.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Anyone been out on Superior between Tofte and Grand Marais recently? Up
    North this week, and thinking of heading out there if it’s not too wavy. Stopped at Marine General on the way up. The main report down there was that everyone’s fishing up past the knife river now.

mojogunter

I went up Saturday to try the south shore with the warm water temps for walleye. When I got there the water was way too muddy along the south shore. I tried in dirty water there in the past, and never caught a fish. Decided to fish the Minnesota water where it wasn’t muddy and switch for lakers. Only went 1 for 5 in five hours in 100′-110′ of water. I did mark several fish all were tight to the bottom. I am clueless when it comes to this type of fishing, so maybe the bite is better for others. I didn’t see another fish caught though. I did hear some cheers on a boat not too far away while I was yet again trying to self stow my POS ulterra. Look at the picture, and in some spots I saw these kind of marks. Any idea of what they are. It is a split screen with panoptix on the top and standard on the bottom.

Attachments:
    1. 20200704_101213.jpg

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Most likely schools of herring. When you find them suspended you can bounce your downrigger cable off them.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.