Summer is here – what’s working??

• blank
    Participant

Found some solid fish this afternoon in 2-3’ up against the bulrushes. Had to drop the spinnerbait tight to the rushes most times to get bit. Once the sun peeked out, the bite was done.

Looks like a Terminator titanium. Man, I miss those.

ssaamm
    Participant
    Pequot Lakes

Largemouth. There’s only 4 smallmouth in our lake as far as I know.

FryDog62
    Participant

Largemouth. There’s only 4 smallmouth in our lake as far as I know.

…and I’m sure you’ve caught them 3 times over peace

Joe Jarl
    Participant
    SW Wright County

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Joe Jarl wrote:</div>
    Found some solid fish this afternoon in 2-3’ up against the bulrushes. Had to drop the spinnerbait tight to the rushes most times to get bit. Once the sun peeked out, the bite was done.

Looks like a Terminator titanium. Man, I miss those.

I hear ya. And it’s my last one! The pike liked it that day to. Caught 4 or 5 of those bait stealers that were between 24 and 26″. One of them ended getting the willow blade off of it. Luckily I had one from another pike trashed spinnerbait. I wonder why they quit making them?

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

I wonder why they quit making them?

I don’t know for sure, but they stopped when Rapala bought out Terminator. I commented about this in another thread, but luckily I stocked up on some many years ago before they became discontinued. I think I have 5 that are in my tackle box and 2 more that are still in the original packaging. Sometimes you can still find one on ebay. I bought one last winter there for $15 which seemed like a steal. The durability of those things has no rival in the spinnerbait realm. And with all those vicious pike strikes…

tim hurley
    Participant

I use them a lot, and they are very durable, just don’t slap them on the water to get weeds off, I broke 2 that way in a couple of weeks.

No, no, no, I yelled out loud. People probably thought I lost a fish-In most cases I would rather loose a fish.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

I had my championship derby on Saturday on a lake none of the six of us qualifiers had fished before. Fairly close to me as well. We caught them good too. We started at 7 am and I had 16 lbs by 1130. I couldn’t cull a 2.55 for the rest of the tourney and finished with just under 17 lbs for second place. First place has 18.5 and his big bass of 4.61 beat mine of 4.56! It was a really my best day of fishing this year. I pitched to docks and shoreline wood the whole tournament. Texas rigged rage bugs caught the bigs and a weightless wacky rig senko caught some as well. Definitely will be back to this lake. Never thought it would be that good and a fun end to my tournament season.

FryDog62
    Participant

Sounds like a great finish, crazy that only .05 separated the big bass… one had a bigger breakfast is all ~

ssaamm
    Participant
    Pequot Lakes

Odd, fun day the other day. Caught smallies on whopper ploppers and tubes at 1 o’clock on a sunny day in 3 feet of water in the rocks. Saw em swimming around. Once in awhile it works out. 6 good weeks ahead of us. Good luck.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

I had my championship derby on Saturday on a lake none of the six of us qualifiers had fished before. Fairly close to me as well. We caught them good too. We started at 7 am and I had 16 lbs by 1130. I couldn’t cull a 2.55 for the rest of the tourney and finished with just under 17 lbs for second place. First place has 18.5 and his big bass of 4.61 beat mine of 4.56! It was a really my best day of fishing this year. I pitched to docks and shoreline wood the whole tournament. Texas rigged rage bugs caught the bigs and a weightless wacky rig senko caught some as well. Definitely will be back to this lake. Never thought it would be that good and a fun end to my tournament season.

Great job on the season.

Viewing 10 posts - 211 through 220 (of 220 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.