Suggestions.

• Sportsman94
    Participant

i got into jigging a little more this year in particular the whacky worm and ned rigs for bass and it proved to be pretty successful around me so i was wondering does anyone have suggestions on a good jigging rod, right now ive been using a medium uglystick and i think the sensitivity and finesse aren’t quite good enough for this scenario.

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

Do you have a price range in mind?
    Look for a rod with a fast to extra fast action and light to medium light power. You will want to find something that has a beefer back bone for pulling them out of the weeds.

tpmorgz
    Participant
    Central Iowa

I really like St Croix rods, they stand behind them. Pick the model based on your budget, but I prefer 6’6″ medium with a fast tip. A good rod does make the difference, however I don’t think you need to spend a few hundred dollars either.

Sportsman94
    Participant

Sweet! Ill keep that in mind when i gear up,i dont have a terrible restriction cause it’ll be over the winter months when i get new gear for next season but i would like to stay $150 or less at that range i figured there should be a ton of options still.

Sportsman94
    Participant

Ok,yeah i had a feeling it made a difference ill take a look at what st croix has to offer too i know ive heard alot of good reviews on them and i hear ya on not spending hundreds on a rod i made that mistake one time when i was really green to the tackle world and bought a 300 dollar fenwick rod and it got smashed in a tailgate after that i dropped down to uglystick.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.