Sufix 832 Superline

• joc
    Western and Central, NY

I can’t believe how good this stuff is. I had a reel that I loaded up in April and didn’t get used. Figured I’d have to change the line due to line memory from having been wound on the spool since March or April. Guess again, a few seconds off the spool and all the memory was gone, like new! If this were fireline or spider line the line would have maintained some memory even after dragging it around behind the boat.
    So not only does it cast great, very rarely get tangled, it has no memory (so far). This is the 1st fishing line I have seen that truly has this characteristic braid or otherwise. What’s been your experience?

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Much of this depends on the poundage you’re using from what I’ve seen. The lighter the line, the less the memory, to the point where it can become almost too limp in certain situations. Braid in general has very little, but the heavier/harder stuff seems to retain it a bit more.

I’m excited for the new Sufix 15lb test. I’ve been a big fan of the 20lb which is as thick as 6lb. It has for me at least, the perfect combination of being supple enough, without being too limp. I don’t need 20lb break strength however, so something that’s thinner in a 15lb test sounds like the ticket. Will report back, as I use this on just about all of my spinning and casting rod setups for most freshwater fish.

Joel

joc
    Western and Central, NY

I was referring to 20 # test 832, since it was the only one I’ve used. I found Joel that both Fireline and Spider Wire braids of same – similar # test, when on the reel for many months eventually developed a bit of memory certainly more than Sufix 832 did. I was interest in the new product as well but I got to thinking it would be hard to improve upon 832. Being thinner could help in apps like jigging.

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

I’ve used both pp and suffix the have been on reels for over a year with no problem! frog rod bait caster 50lb 2 years now no problems!
    Stan wave

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Hmmm…that 10# 832 is about on par with the old #15 Fireline braid. Since I use it mostly on a baitcaster, the Fireline braid is my preference.

I did find a lot of color bleed loss on day one.

Jonesy

Been using #10 832 on my main rod. I love it. My only wish is that they come out with a line like berkley tracer.

I rigged up a secondary rod with some and liked being able to tie the jig to the smoke portion of the line but having sections of high vis

joc
    Western and Central, NY

I found several shortcoming with Fireline compared to 832
    1) it develops memory (sure it better than mono or fluorocarbon in this regard), but not as good 832.
    2) it frays after extended uses. This was not likely due to rod guides since it happened on different rods. This could be due to weeds, however the 832 seems impervious to this effect.
    3) per pound test it’s thicker.

As for it bleeding out the base color this never effected the lines performance in my jigging – jerkbaiting fishing. Grant you the stuff is hard to see particularly on sunny days. A good pair of sun glasses to helps see the line. The way I fish sometimes I watch for line jumps.

Jake Hendrickson
    Inactive
    Madison, WI

Has anyone used the Suffix Nanobraid yet? I use 832 in 6 lb on basically all of my rods, but reading into the new line that has come out, looking to give it a try.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Don’t tell Suffix, but it lasts a REALLY long time too! Would be curious to hear how long people have run it before needing to switch? I’m well beyond 1 year personally, which is how often I’d switch out mono.

FryDog62

Don’t tell Suffix, but it lasts a REALLY long time too! Would be curious to hear how long people have run it before needing to switch? I’m well beyond 1 year personally, which is how often I’d switch out mono.

Sshhhh, or they’ll raise their price. I spool up on average for 2-3 years, then reverse the line and go another 2-3 years. 5 years on average per 150 yards is economical and i actually think I could go longer in terms of wear. I buy the “Ghost” color (white) and it never fades ;)

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

Shhhh….don’t tell the fish but I’ve had one reel going on 2 years of pretty good use.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.