Striker Ice Sizing

• Angler II

I’m about to pull the trigger on a striker ice climate suit but can’t find anywhere to try one on for correct sizing! I’m 6′ 1″, 210 lbs. Do these suits run big or small?

Thanks

Aaron

They run a half size big. You’ll fit into a large just fine.

Both of mine are Large- I’m 5’9″ 220lbs. Mine fit great. I wouldn’t plan for extra layers underneath, negative weather I have never needed them sitting on the ice. My bib liner is usually out anyways.

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

I’m about to pull the trigger on a striker ice climate suit but can’t find anywhere to try one on for correct sizing! I’m 6′ 1″, 210 lbs. Do these suits run big or small?
    I’m 6′-215 climate bibs are a xl and went with 2xl jacket for additional room. The climate jackets have a fitted liner as you probably know and do run on the smaller side.
    Thanks

JoeMX1825
    MN

I went with Medium bibs and a Large jacket, the large bibs would have been way to long and the medium jacket was to tight in the chest and elbows. Most folks I know go with a 1 size larger jacket vs bibs

Angler II

I went with Medium bibs and a Large jacket, the large bibs would have been way to long and the medium jacket was to tight in the chest and elbows. Most folks I know go with a 1 size larger jacket vs bibs

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

MNSmallieGuy
    Minnesota

I think they run on the small side. I am an XL in everything and had to get a 2xl jacket so the sleeves were long enough.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

This is accurate. The bibs seem true to size and the jackets are a bit on the small size. Also, the climate fit seems to be different from the other striker suits so do not rely on sizing information for the hardwater or other suits to make your decision. For reference I’m 5’9 180 and went with the medium bibs. When I purchase a jacket it will be a large

SW Eyes

I’m 6’2″ roughly 220. I only have the bibs, and XL is absolutely perfect. In most other things, I’m borderline 2X, and usually go with that. Not sure about jackets.

I ordered the XL from their website based on the sizing chart, and was very worried about having to return. But, they’re pretty spot on.

Legs are adjustable, as far as length goes, which is nice.

jmaj101
    Hastings,MN

I am 5-9 160 lbs. I just bought the medium hard water bibs and medium predator jacket. I did try on the climate jacket and bibs and I would fit in a medium with the climate series. Large was too big for me but I am pretty short. Great product though you will NOT be disappointed!

Mike Anselmo
    Wisconsin

I’m 6’1 220 and a large Predator suit fits me perfect.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

i’m 5’9″ and 185, i have the Predator suit, med bibs and large jacket fit me pefectly, you can always make the striker suits fit tighter, you just don’t want to go too small.

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

I have a climate and compared to my Frabil FXE suit the climate sizes are about 1 size too small

Good Luck will hopefully be using mine for the first time tomorrow.

Have you tried Thorne Bros? They generally do a good job of stocking suits. I have to say I think Striker retailers for the most part are not stocking anything. I tried Joe’s (my favorite place to buy) very little stock, I tried Gander Mountain very little stock, I was actually surprised by Fleet Farm in Lakeville had better stock than Joe’s or Gander.

Thorne Bros did the best at the Blaine Ice show.

If I was Striker I would dump the retailers that are not stocking product especially for a high end expensive suit

Angler II

I have a climate and compared to my Frabil FXE suit the climate sizes are about 1 size too small

Good Luck will hopefully be using mine for the first time tomorrow.

Have you tried Thorne Bros? They generally do a good job of stocking suits. I have to say I think Striker retailers for the most part are not stocking anything. I tried Joe’s (my favorite place to buy) very little stock, I tried Gander Mountain very little stock, I was actually surprised by Fleet Farm in Lakeville had better stock than Joe’s or Gander.

Thorne Bros did the best at the Blaine Ice show.

If I was Striker I would dump the retailers that are not stocking product especially for a high end expensive suit

I spoke to Striker directly. They stated most of their stock was bought out before the ice season even began! That basically sold me on the suit, If I can find the one I want in the right color…..

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I really like my Climate suit in the camo color! In my size, well I’d be no help to you for my height is shorter that yours and my width or “girth” lets say might be just close to “off the charts”!

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

I can’t remember off hand for the climate suit but the striker suit has up to like 6″ of adjustment to make it longer or shorter on the legs.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Yep, the climate does.

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

I have the XL bibs on the hardwater floating bibs and they are too big if I could switch to large I would. I am about 5’10” and 215. Really it is the lenght that is the problem. You can shorten them and I do that and it works okay but would have rather had the Large.

Travis Cook

I’m 6’4 200lbs. I just got the full climate suit. I ended up with the large Bibs. Medium were perfect length but too much right around the crotch. Large is perfect. Bibs are longer but I rolled them up full six inches and are perfect.

Get the xl in the jacket. I had large first and it was two tight. Xl isn’t too bulky and sleeves are longer. The climate jacket runs a little small.

I’m excited to use both this weekend. So warm and soft many pockets.

Ny
    N Metro

Striker Climate jacket runs small & the bibs seem to run true to size. I would go to a retailer & try on the jacket before you buy it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.