Strikemaster 40v

• JasonP
    Participant
    Twin Cities

it probably means a hall-effect sensor. i think they’re used to detect threshold currents among other things (position). so he’s going down the trouble-shooting list of things that could cause an over-current situation, starting with dull/bad blades.

guessing it has to be frustrating for someone to tell you to switch blades on a unit with 100 hole mileage. coffee

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Well this is interesting, below is a pic of the manual that came with mine…no mention of the hall issue.

What year did you buy yours? I bought mine last year.

I just bought mine right before Christmas or sometime in December.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Participant
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Walleyestudent Andy Cox wrote:</div>
    Well this is interesting, below is a pic of the manual that came with mine…no mention of the hall issue.

What year did you buy yours? I bought mine last year.

I just bought mine right before Christmas or sometime in December.

Well, my question was for walldog…he’s the one who posted the pic of his manual. If you go back and compare his with mine, they’re definitely not the same.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Well, my question was for walldog…he’s the one who posted the pic of his manual. If you go back and compare his with mine, they’re definitely not the same.

Gotcha! I see his manual says 24v in it. Not 40V.

KPE
    Participant
    River Falls, WI

My k drill/ milwaukee stalls right at the very last inch of ice when my battery is weak. That’s how I know it’s time to throw a new one on.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Participant
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Walleyestudent Andy Cox wrote:</div>

Gotcha! I see his manual says 24v in it. Not 40V.

I know, I noticed that too. Yet he’s definitely talking about a 40V…that’s why I’m a little confused.
    I’ll be curious how it ultimately gets resolved as I (and you) as well as many other’s have the same auger.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

I know, I noticed that too. Yet he’s definitely talking about a 40V…that’s why I’m a little confused.
    I’ll be curious how it ultimately gets resolved as I (and you) as well as many other’s have the same auger.

Definitely following this in case I run into it, but so far its been phenomenal! My son has used it with his buddies that he cant see because they arent in school and he hasnt had a single issue. Not drilling a ton of holes, but his friend’s dad was so impressed when he saw it in action he went last weekend and bought one.

jaybird1
    Participant

Hello Mr. Walldog, did you try to make sure that when drilling to maintain pressure on the switch. If this does not work then call Rapala HQ in tonka and ask for Culp. If the auger is cutting properly during the first half then it is not the blades. The beeps are for reference in the event that you have a problem. You can keep track of the beeps by maintaining pressure on the switch, there will be a pause between each set of beeps. Then if you do have problems you can let the repair center know the number of beeps and it will aid in repair.))
    Again I really suspect it is switch pressure while drilling or maybe the switch
    is screwed up.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

The Marcum RT 9 also had problems that could be easily fixed… whistling

devil devil devil

walldog
    Participant
    Rochester

Right it is a 40v.
    But nothing explains my problem in the owners manual. So I was looking at the 24v to see if had an explanation for the 7 or 8 beeps I get.
    In my owners manual 40v the closest Statement is. Protection of Over Current.
    But I get a lot more beeps than 1. In the manual the remedy is to Release the trigger, lift and continue cutting. So that’s what I have been doing. It seems to happen too often though.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

I hope this doesn’t blow up in Strikemasters face like their first attempt at lithium augers. The ION’s seem to have theirs dialed. Kind of glad I decided to keep my Honda lite reading some of these issues…..love the purr of that little motor but mine don’t beep!

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Participant
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I hope this doesn’t blow up in Strikemasters face like their first attempt at lithium augers. The ION’s seem to have theirs dialed. Kind of glad I decided to keep my Honda lite reading some of these issues…..love the purr of that little motor but mine don’t beep!

I highly doubt there’ll be any blow up in the face for SM. I believe this is the 3rd or 4th year for the 40V and thus far has had few issues/complaints especially relative to the # of units sold the last few years.

Certainly it’s possible there will be some that have an issue.

I’m not at all concerned about the quality or design, but I do wonder more how SM goes about resolving…obviously if within the warranty period.

Pushing back with dull blade diagnosis or improper pitch angle when the customer describes no such problem when drilling holes successfully. Other than randomly stopping.

The 40V owners here will be following to see how it is resolved.

bigbritt
    Participant

Walldog
    Be sure to contact us again if the initial trouble shoot didn’t work for you.
    Sometimes our suggestions aren’t the solutions. Seems to be the case here.
    I assure you we do all we can to help customers. There can be numerous possible reasons to a concern…we just need to eliminate or narrow them down.
    Same with anyone else, communication with us is Key!
    Stalling or 7 beeps with the 40v can be for a number of reasons….
    cold batteries, dull blades causing too much stress on the motor, letting up on the power button, internal settings, etc. It can require some investigation to get the resolution.
    Thanks All
    Chris
    StrikeMaster Consumer Service Manager.

Matt Moen
    Participant
    South Minneapolis

Gotta give SM props for answering in an Internet forum. I’m sure the op is frustrated but I commend them for giving it a try.

I’m sure glad I’m not in support, engineering or prod dev for consumer products!

Yoshi
    Participant

What was the maintenance on your battery?

Have you tried borrowing a good battery from someone?

Lithium batteries can be touchy if you’re no maintaining during offseason.

Good luck

B-man
    Participant

Agreed Matt toast

But I have to say the dull blades idea has me baffled. An auger with dull (or dulling) blades doesn’t grab as hard. How would that overload the system??

walldog
    Participant
    Rochester

Chris
    I have another call into your system. I can also send an email.
    Thanks for your help
    Philip

belletaine
    Participant
    Nevis, MN

Thanks Chris!
    More customer support people should be involved in these forums for obvious reasons.

FWIW I have the 40V and have been nothing but pleased.

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

SM will win a few more customers with this kind of communication. A Minnesota company helping Minnesotans is awesome. Especially in the tight knit group of ice fishermen. waytogo

ShouldHaveBeenHereYesterday
    Participant
    MN

Mine did this for the first time tonight randomly on two holes, the unit just stopped, I had to release the trigger and the button and reset.
    The auger and battery were in the truck so I can’t imagine the battery got cold. Battery was also charged prior to going out. I’ll recharge and try again…
    Oh and the blades are new
    2018 40v

JRick
    Participant

Good afternoon
    I’m having the same issue with my 40V now and the 7 beeps. Unit will not turn on other then make a “click” internally after the battery is connected to the head and then will not power on other then the lights.

Has anyone else had this issue come up and found a solution? Have a brand new battery. Please help!

Viewing 21 posts - 31 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.