Anybody fishing the Cedar?

• TACKET
    NE Iowa

Anything going on? Caught 2 smallies and a northern last night. All were on the small side.

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I haven’t been out much recently. Did go last Friday and picked up a nice eye on a crankbait. Water has been high for mid-summer and a bit on the dirty side.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

My boy and his girlfriend went a couple nights ago with chicken livers and fished a good hole, they fished for 3 hrs without a bite. The rivers been up and down here and usually when that happens the bite slows some, stable water usually produces a better bite. This hole is known for big flatheads and from the bank its on private land, hardly any boats fish this hole. The saying here is the bigger flatheads chase the smaller fish out so maybe thats why too but I think its the up and down with the water levels. If it were me Id fish those little small pockets of slow and calm water right next to the main channel with bluegills for a good bite.

Bob Spitz
    Osage Iowa

Got out on the cedar this morning, ( Sunday ) and had a great time. Got a little wet from the brief shower but fishing was very good. The water is very clear for July, and the flow is perfect. Started at 7:30 and fished till noon. Caught 3 walleyes 15 – 20″ and too many bass too count. The biggest at just under 18″ and very fat. The lure of preference was 1/8 ounce jig with white tail. Most fish came in shallow water with alot of current. Deep water with structure didn’t work today as it has in the past? If no heavy rains the fishing here around Osage are on the cedar should continue to be top notch. I plan on leaving my big boat at home and float my jon boat on the cedar with action like this!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.