White bass bite.

• ryan-hale
    Participant
    NW Ia

The white bass bite is on at Storm Lake right now.Cast 3″ Powergrubs or twisters of your choice around the shorelines.We caught 40 of them in a hour yesterday.
    Ryan Hale

riverfan
    Participant
    MN

Ryan,

Looks like fun. Man, there isn’t going to a safe place for the the NW Iowa fish when the boys grow up. You must be very proud!

dm5000
    Participant
    Des Moines, IA

Thank you Ryan! You are getting us striper fanatics pumped up. How warm/cold was the water? I didnt expect any near shore activity until the water was about 50deg. These werent headed upstream to spawn, where they?

Were you fishing the windblown shore?

Thanks man!
    Dave

ryan-hale
    Participant
    NW Ia

The water temps were from 42-44 deg.We did fish the windblown shorelines.Hope you get into some fish.
    Ryan Hale

skippy783
    Participant
    Dysart, IA

Boy, now I wish I would have brought my poles back up to school with me. It hurts being less than 500 yards from where the fish are biting and not having my gear with me

A cheap combo from wal-mart might be in the works just to get my fix

bill_cadwell
    Participant
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks for the pics. This is one lake I have never been to but I hear the walleyes have made a big comeback. Also that it lives up to its name when windy. The white bass are lots of fun to catch. Ryan, your boys will appreciate all their lives the knowledge and fun you have shared with them and will continue to share with them about fishing. Great memories and great Dad/Son relationships are taking place.
    Thanks, Bill

mhumpal
    Participant

Ryan a friend is heading to Storm lake on Friday for the week end any suggestions

ryan-hale
    Participant
    NW Ia

You’ll be trying to catch post spawn eyes so the bite might be tough.
    I would drift with live bait,or jig combo’s.
    Maybe you can find some active white bass,fun to catch.
    Best of luck.
    Ryan Hale

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.