Heading up to the St. Louis this Weekend…

• Serpant
    Albertville, MN

and looking for any new reports, primarily water levels (sounds like low), is Boyscout alright to access, and how is the current? A couple of us head up this weekend for the last 5 years (only trip since I moved from Duluth). Excited to get back up there . We fish it Friday, then head north to a buddies cabin, and then fish it on Sunday again on the way back. Works out good, avoid the tourney.

Thanks

Chris

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Chris, be careful out there. Unless you know the river well, stay in the shipping channel where applicable and if you are in unfamiliar territory take it slow. The river right now is at an 80 year low.

The boy scout landing is fine. I launched out of there on Sunday. I used the Garfield Ave launch on Saturday. The small landing at Garfield is too low for my comfort. I advise the bigger landing. The Clyde Ave ramp is closed.

Current is low, but they can open the dam at any time as you know. If you are looking for current, current data upstream this is a good resource Current Data.

The water temp was in the low 60’s the week before opener and dropped before the weekend. The highest reading I found was 54 degrees…not true….it was around 68 degrees at the discharge pipe.

Best of luck to you!

Sully

Serpant
    Albertville, MN

Thanks Sully! Wow, 80 year low. Talking to some friends up in Duluth, the rain and hail they got last night didn’t amount to anything I guess.

That Current Data is great, thanks for the link.

But yes, I’ll be up there, at my normal haunts. I generally don’t go any further than the alley. But sounds like Spirit Lake could be a bear. Nervous to see what the river looks like!

Thanks and good luck to you also

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I pulled this off the Duluth News Tribune site, but it gives you an idea how low the river is.

Sully

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.