St. Louis report

• Jigmaster
    Participant
    Superior,Wis

Sorry for no reports lately but have been gone fishing tournaments.The WWA was on river and lake on sunday winner had over 18 pounds.Maybe somebody can post results.Big fish was 11 pounds.Fishing is very good on river the shiners have moved in.But if you want some big fish go to the lake.We fished the lake on friday saturday and sunday and got lots of 25-31 inch fish.Good luck. Thanks to steve at Everts for everything during our stay for the PWT.
    Jigmaster

DeeZee
    Participant
    Champlin, Mn

Jigmaster,

How were you fishing these fish back in June? Cranks, boards, downriggers, etc?
    Were you out near the mouth of the lake?

Jigmaster
    Participant
    Superior,Wis

I been using yellow birds only to run 6 lines.Fishing about 30 feet of water. Three weeks ago on sunday we caught 20 walleyes all on top(one in prop wash)using bombers A. Next week we caught them on the bottom.Colors and depths change not only from day to day but by the hour.So you need to keep busy.Lots of big walleyes….last trip out 2 27s 1 22 and 3 for supper.Reefrunners and bomber try different colors and different depths till you find fish.I have been doing good about 10 miles out of superior entry by the mouth to the poplar river but a lot of boats have fishing by the amnicon river.I wont get out know for a couple weeks because im leaving for northern lights in canadaon the 2nd of sept.Hpe to get one bigger then last trip which was 31 1/2 inches.

DeeZee
    Participant
    Champlin, Mn

Jigmaster,

Any new reports from your neck of the woods? ANy more big eyes come trolling for you?
    I never made it up your way after your last report, but was intrigued by your results!

Jigmaster
    Participant
    Superior,Wis

I have not got out on the lake in over a month.Very poor reports on lake too much wind. I bin on the crappie hunt the last month the big slaps have bin on the bite. Spent a week in canada again in september on northern lights lake got several walleyes over 25 inches. Getting ready to go again in october for a few days.More later
    Jigmaster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.