Fishing info for this weekend!

• Niteeye
    Participant
    Nashua,Iowa

I am heading up on Friday and am looking for any reports on walleye location. I fished out of the Boy Scout landing last year pulling bottom bouncers and crawlers and did real well. Will they be there again this year? Any info on water conditions and ramps to use. I have only fished it the once and my knowledge of other areas is nill. Thanks for any help. JD

Jigmaster
    Participant
    Superior,Wis

If you fish just below #73 (by island)up to just past the landing you will do ok.Use boy scout landing but be early or you will have to walk.Pulling bottom bouncers might be ok but I have been doing better with a 1/4 ounce slip sink and a 2 foot snell with a northland gold floater.Last tuesday night with west wind it only took about 20 minutes for us to caught our limit.15 walleyes in 2 hours.Friday night we caught limit in about 1/2 hour but then no more.Saturday night was a bust. sunday morning 6am-12 none.Sunday 4-8 only 1 keeper.Lake wind started wed. till monday night.Sunday temp was only 45 choppers and coveralls were needed.Weather forecast is good for weekend but bring some warm clothes.Move up or down river if no fish On sunday i fished from oliver to bouy #83 River is low but we got 2 inches of rain monday.Good luck I going to try to fish wed and thurs.night but leaving for leech lake this weekend to prefish for the Evinrude Walleye Classic.

Niteeye
    Participant
    Nashua,Iowa

Jigmaster,Thanks for the update on conditions. I’ll be watching for anymore info from this week. I’ll post how we do when I get back. Good luck at Leech. Catch a big stringer! Thanks,JD

Jigmaster
    Participant
    Superior,Wis

Niteeye check your personal email on this site

Niteeye
    Participant
    Nashua,Iowa

Fishing was good for us over the long weekend. We fished around bouy#73 on Sat. morning and had our limits in 3 hours. All the fish were males from 16″ to 20″ with 2 measuring 22″. We had 6 guys in 2 boats. Not a bad start but not the size we found last year. We started with bottom bouncers and chart. or orange blades. We stayed with it since the fish seemed scattered and we could cover allot of water this way.Sunday we fished Arrow head. Bouy #15 and #19 were good to us with the chart. blade with orange beads out fishing everything else.We caught our limits again and didn’t have any under 18″. Started Mon. at #73 again but it was real slow, moved down below the bridge and picked up a couple. We made the run through the channel back to Bouy#15 and had it all to ourselves. The fishing was hot for the next hour on hammered copper blades. Made the run back up to the landing and met our friends who had stayed at #73 and they had only one fish for the morning.We were glad we made the trip to #19. Great weather and friends made for a fun time. Jigmaster I didn’t receive your pm.See ya, JD

Jiggernaut
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

I need to be in Duluth for business on tuesday morning, any chance of getting out for a few walleyes with someone local on Monday evening or Tuesday afternoon? Be happy to pay for gas/bait??

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.