NEED HELP…

• vikefanmn77
    Participant
    Northfield,MN

Due to a faulty vehicle, I will be cancelling the annual family trip to Ely. I would like any information on campgrounds or rustic sites on the St Louis river. And catching fish is a must ( kids are 9 and 5 ), so and help would be appreciated. Trying to leave Friday.

Jigmaster
    Participant
    Superior,Wis

Sorry your a queens fan!The only campground im aware of is Fond Du Lac Campground.Its at the junction of hwy 23and 210.Right on the river. Most of the fish have moved downstream from there now.Boyscout landing to the harbor.The # to the campground is 218-749-5388 or 218-780-2319 but they dont take reservations. Hopes this helps.Fishing is good.Ill post a report tuesday at the latest.
    Jigmaster

Jason Sullivan
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Another campground you may want to consider is Indian Point.

Here is the link for more info: Indian Point Campground

If you are truly interested in rustic camping there are “zero amenity” camping options on the river. I don’t consider them them family friendly, but they have worked well for my college buddies. PM if interested.

Sully

vikefanmn77
    Participant
    Northfield,MN

I appreciate the info guys Decided on Fond du Lac Thanks

Jason Sullivan
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls, WI

What’s nice about Fond Du Lac is that there is pretty good shore fishing in that campground. When I lived on that end of town, I would pay a couple bucks to park my truck at that campground and toss a rig at a current seam and wait for the action to start.

Enjoy your stay!

Sully

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.