report 5-21-05

• sippiriverrat
    Andover MN.

I made the trip up to the St.louis today, we had a good time exploring a new river, we ended up with 8 walleyes up to 3 lbs., 3 northerns and one small musky. The bite was good first think in the morning and seemed to slowly taper out though the day. most of our fish were caught on lindys, orange being he hot color. thefirst thing noticed about the river was the very slow flow, I expected to fish nice curent breaks but there wasn’t enough water moving for that, we caught all of our fish in less than 5 ft. of water, drifting the large flats that border the channel. For you southerners heading up here the channel goes from 20 ft. to 2 ft. in a heart beat so be careful.The fish seemed to be scattered thoughout the river from the industrial areas all the way up.It was strange drifting in 3 ft. of water and catching walleyes on lindys but that is were all the fish seemed to be caught not in the channel.I am curious what would happen on those shallow flats when the water is 70 degrees casting a crankbait!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.