Opening weekend

• Jigmaster
    Participant
    Superior,Wis

One of the better openers.Even good weather on saturday.Lots of nice fish from 18 to 21 inch.Best fishing seems to be from Boy Scout landing to Spirit Lake.I stayed down stream saturday by old arrowhead bridge to barkers island and got fish every place i stopped but the big numbers are still upstream.Sunday i fished by boy scout landing sunday till thunder,lightening and hail covered the bottom of the boat. Lake superior has bin good for trout and salmon on the south shore.With good weather ill be out tomorrow nite after work. More later

dan-larson
    Participant
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Hey Jigmaster, what kind of boat do you run???
    We will be up Thursday eary afternoon, camping just north of Boy Scout in our regular spot, planning on staying until Saturday, or until the weather gets bad. We’ll be in a 03′ Alumacraft 185, 90 yamaha 4-stroke. I spent the day Sat. on Millie, but Bob my fishin partner was up on the river Sat. with two other groups, 39 eyes in his boat, 44 in Chad’s, 15 in his parents. Jig/minnow was the ticket, with “BIG” chubs. Biggest fish was 23″, most in the 19″-21″ range. Stop by for a beer and a brat if you get a chance.

Here is Bob’s best of the day on Sat.

Dan

Hawg Hunters Guide Service

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.